This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 1 Remap Advice PLease

I have booked my vxr in to get a stage one remap tomorrow. Its being done through the VX garage in Belfast but they are bringing a guy in to do it for them. Is it standard that there is no warranty for any damage caused to the engine if it all goes wrong?
    Also, what is the chances of the engine melting down on the motoway!? I really want to get it done but dont want to wreck my car and have to fork out for a new one

hey, im from n.i. to, just wonderin if you know where the guy is from that their bringing in to do it?

Comment

The company doing the remap should cover the damage but this you will need to check out. I guess (and VXL please correct if I am wrong) any re- working of the car from standard will invalidate that component or components affected by the failing of the re-work.
      If the work is not conducted correctly then meltdown could occur. Who is doing the work? how have they developed it and are you comfortable with them. Who recommended them to you and what other cars have they done. Are they from the exsisting known tuners in the UK? Courtenays, VXPPC, Regal, TMS?
      Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they haven't in any shape done the work correctly you just have to be satisfied yourself.
      What power are you talking about.

Comment

The guys from VX service recommended him. Apparently 40-45bhp from standard. I called up the local garage and asked the service department what could be done and they told me they bring someone in to do the mapping for them. I going to speak to him today and will see where he got the map from etc. Thanks

Comment

How did you get on Paul?

Comment

Not the best. The map basically didnt work. Initially the car felt much more responsive on a spin up the motorway but only really from 5000 rpm upwards. However when I got it on the rollers it was showing only 241bhp and much the same torque. The map was changed a bit and next time it only put out 185bhp! The guy doing it is going off to do some "research" to see what was wrong.
            They rolled my car though with the standard factory map and it put out 239bhp which is far more than was mentioned in Auto Express. They got from 209-222 with 95ron and super fuel. Im running Sainsburys super. You can see the graph from the standard map.
            http://www.snapshop.eu/vxr.htm
            Ill let you know how things go on Friday when the car is booked in again. I hope it doesnt go bang - its a 10 mile walk home!

Comment

Re: Stage 1 Remap Advice PLease

Originally posted by paulmcc
              I have booked my vxr in to get a stage one remap tomorrow. Its being done through the VX garage in Belfast but they are bringing a guy in to do it for them. Is it standard that there is no warranty for any damage caused to the engine if it all goes wrong?
              Also, what is the chances of the engine melting down on the motoway!? I really want to get it done but dont want to wreck my car and have to fork out for a new one
              http://www.superchips.co.uk/fitting.php?county=7,9
              If you try one of these superchips dealers close to you and ask for the Thorney Motorsport/Superchips stage 1 map you will be in good hands
              HTH
              mark
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers. I had visions of the pistons coming out of the bonnett on the way home. Will give them a ring tomorrow

Comment

Noooo they won't come out of the bonnet just melt into the sump, at least you'll know where all the bits are

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                    Noooo they won't come out of the bonnet just melt into the sump, at least you'll know where all the bits are
                    Good to see your mind has been put at ease!!! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                      cool, free flowing pistons, i wont some of that

Comment

I spoke to the superchip guy in Belfast and he is taking my car in tomorrow morning to remap it! I cant wait to hit the motorway slip road on the way home

Comment

did you happen to request the TMS version?

Comment

are u taking it to the mcvicker rally place? let me know how u get on
                            also the tms stage 2 map is only for use wit milltek isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by N3 VXR
                              are u taking it to the mcvicker rally place? let me know how u get on
                              also the tms stage 2 map is only for use wit milltek isnt it?
                              tms stage 1 map (software only)
                              tms stage 2 map (reconfigured to work in conjunction with full Milltek exhaust)
                              HTH
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X