X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions

Hey guys,

Had the VXR for a week now and absolutely loving it, getting so many looks! Just a few questions, one being ive removed the rear badges and under the big griffin the paint is a slightly different colour (due to sun light) - shall i just use tcut to get it evened out?

Also, the car doesnt feel as quick as when I picked it up. That may be me being a little paranoid, and it doesnt help coming from a 1.1 fez so i may have got used to the power. What are the quick checks to do that make sure everything is in fully working order. Ive heard people saying 'check your pipes'.

Final question is that I filled the tank up with 99ron and the cabin smells quite strongly of petrol, several days later. Does 99ron smell stronger, or have I got something to worry about? When I picked the car up and put fuel in it (95ron) it didn't even smell..

Other than that, all is good! I keep smiling

danny
    Arden Astra VXR - Mods: Stage 2 EDS 286.3bhp / 357.7lbft, Milltek race LOUD exhaust, Whiteline adjustable RARB, 6000k HIDs, Percy CDTI, Powerpipe + Tophat, Oil restrictor bolt + breather box, Debadged, Arden boot strip, Team HEKO wind deflectors, Private plate

maybe the seal on the fuel cap has gone mate shouldnt smell fuel inside
    sigpic

Comment

Hi the petrol smell might be because your cap is undoing under pressure as it's a common thing. I turn mine around 5/6 turns now and it's fine. I Would just use a polish like megs and the power thing maybe your just getting use to it.
      ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

T-cut is very abbrasive, so I'd use something a little gently like some Meguires Scratch X as its quite cheap and just use good old hard work by rubbing it onto the paint work and wiping clean after every few minutes I don't like T cut at all its far too abbrasive if not used properly.

If I remember correctly there is a small pipe down the back of the engine that can come loose and loose the car power. Has never happened to me, but I believe if you just stick your head right under the bonnet and look down the back of the engine (with a small torch etc) there may a be a small pipe off.

I get the fuel smell also, its the fuel cap that doesn't seal properly, try turning it 6-8 times to close it, or just buy a new cap from Vauxhall buddy. This seems to be a common thing.

James

sigpic
        MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Originally posted by danneh View Post
          Hey guys,

Had the VXR for a week now and absolutely loving it, getting so many looks! Just a few questions, one being ive removed the rear badges and under the big griffin the paint is a slightly different colour (due to sun light) - shall i just use tcut to get it evened out?

Also, the car doesnt feel as quick as when I picked it up. That may be me being a little paranoid, and it doesnt help coming from a 1.1 fez so i may have got used to the power. What are the quick checks to do that make sure everything is in fully working order. Ive heard people saying 'check your pipes'.

Final question is that I filled the tank up with 99ron and the cabin smells quite strongly of petrol, several days later. Does 99ron smell stronger, or have I got something to worry about? When I picked the car up and put fuel in it (95ron) it didn't even smell..

Other than that, all is good! I keep smiling

danny

I would try using something like Autoglym SRP first and see how that helps the situation. What colour is the Astra ?

If you search on TURKEY, you will get most of the thread refering to loose or disconnected vacuum pipes

Also search on the "brake pedal test" to see what codes you may have stored inside your ECU

Finally, some members seem to report this especially with Tesco99 fuel. I doubt its anything to worry about as if you had a leak you would be smelling any fuel you had. Check for spills & leakages just in case but I think you will be OK. try V-Power next and see if that has the same effect

But on no account put Ron95 in your car if you can help it as for one, your car will use more fuel (FACT - refer to your VX manual) and secondly its doesnt normally contain the added detergents that the Octane99 fuels have that will keep your car in tip top condition. Its worth the xtra few pence in most peoples' view on here and its a fact you do get better performance & economy out of these fuels.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the post guys,

In response to the fuel, I did use v-power and will probably be sticking to 99ron from now on..

My car is also arden, and I only had tcut lying around. Will definitely invest into something better as I did know tcut could be abrasive.

I think I must be getting used to the power, just been out for a spin and its bloody quick!
            Arden Astra VXR - Mods: Stage 2 EDS 286.3bhp / 357.7lbft, Milltek race LOUD exhaust, Whiteline adjustable RARB, 6000k HIDs, Percy CDTI, Powerpipe + Tophat, Oil restrictor bolt + breather box, Debadged, Arden boot strip, Team HEKO wind deflectors, Private plate

Comment

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car seems that the other issue's have been addressed as well.
              good luck and enjoy.
              Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
                Glad to hear you are enjoying the car seems that the other issue's have been addressed as well.
                good luck and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                X