X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling Noise?!?

Hi guys,

Picked my Arden astra up on saturday morning and am loving every minute of it apart from a strange rattling noise coming from the front endof the car! It sounds as if it is round about the passenger side front wheel area.

It is not a major rattle but is noticable at slow speeds.

It is a sort of hollow rattling noise and it occurs at slow speeds, when taking off and turning.

I thought it could maybe be a loose exhaust clamp but was unsure?

Any advice would be great!

Cheers,

Chewits!

Trouble is mate there are so many things it's could be,something minor loose all the way to a knackered CV boot.

If I were you I'd take it back to where you bought it (If possible) and get them to fix it

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

What colour pen am i holding in my hand ?

As already said it would be virtualy impossible to give an accurate diagnosis this way, it could be loads of things. Sorry for being so negative.
      sigpic

Comment

blue

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
          blue
          Wrong
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers anyway lads! Its going into the garage tomorrow for a bit of investigating!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewits View Post
              Cheers anyway lads! Its going into the garage tomorrow for a bit of investigating!
              Please let us know the outcome.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                Please let us know the outcome.
                sarcasm ma man? lol
                Originally posted by VXR Staff
                Billy junior is the future...

Right off to see if the scythe is needed or not

Comment

Originally posted by W28LLY View Post
                  sarcasm ma man? lol
                  Sarcasm not intended, meant it genuinly, so we can all know what it was.
                  sigpic

Comment

i had a noise like what u say and it was the back plate behind the front discs rubbing on the disc so bebt it away from it now noise gone.

Comment

cjturbo = correct!!!

the front disks are needing replaced and have a bit of a lip on them and this is what had been catching the backplate slightly!

Comment

i had a similar noise because the garage forgot to remove the big blocks of plastic they fit in the suspension springs when transporting, lol, the noise also returned when some part of the suspension was faulty and needed to be replaced under warranty.

Comment

got the exact same probs hav tightend exhast hanger,greased everything and now lost locking key for wheels down the drain as bin jacking it up nearly everyday,am gna try the back plates.
                          Live Fast..............

Comment

Working...
                          X