X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance and Mods

Anyone with Tesco?

If so and you have Remus, what have you told Tesco.
    I am trying to get quotes for Mods but they don't quite understand what I am talking about. The only think I can get them to do is add a stainless steel exhaust which has a performance increase.

All insurance's are going to do the same mate wether or not performance related.
    Stainless steel exhausts are classed as a performance mod.
    Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
      All insurance's are going to do the same mate wether or not performance related.
      Stainless steel exhausts are classed as a performance mod.
      Can i add not all fella.
      i can put it as a cosmetic mod with no bhp increase.
      but remus back box does give a slight improvement i heard??
      i.e the burg.

Comment

Remus is a full exhaust system. If its Nurburgring edition you shouldn't need to declare it. Otherwise yes you will, with Bell the Remus only cost me another £60 a year.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Tesco wont cover performance mods, well they didnt when i was with them in the past with my previous car

Comment

Originally posted by NDK2008 View Post
            Can i add not all fella.
            i can put it as a cosmetic mod with no bhp increase.
            but remus back box does give a slight improvement i heard??
            i.e the burg.
            In my experience if you mention stainless steel exhaust then it is classed as a modification.
            Not only that but I have heard lately that If you have a tow bar this is also classed as a mod.
            Also spot/driving lamps are also classed as a mod and some insurance company's will not cover you fact.
            Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

dont declare it

Simples
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                dont declare it

Simples
                All well and good until the poo hits the fan and then they cancel the policy

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  All well and good until the poo hits the fan and then they cancel the policy
                  not always mate, my mate had an accident once and his was heavyliy modified, the insurecne told him to go to a certain garage and they repaired his car..

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                    not always mate, my mate had an accident once and his was heavyliy modified, the insurecne told him to go to a certain garage and they repaired his car..
                    He was a very lucky chap.
                    Would like to do more,

Comment

Declare everything or the insurance company can walk away and leave you to sort the mess.
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                        Declare everything or the insurance company can walk away and leave you to sort the mess.
                        agreed, not a great situation

Comment

not unless you take parts off before its inspected prior to it been declared a write off or fixable.... seen it done plenty of times...

Not saying dont declare everything but if you actually look at the database they use to say whats a modification and whats not etc then you cant even put stickers on your car without voiding your insurance..

I stumbled across this another forum, this is what the insurance companies class as mods...

so how many people out there on the UK roads are uninsured?
                          sigpic

Comment

I basically tell them about anything away from the standard car no matter how stupid it seems and let them decide.

Greenlight only charged me 40 quid for or so for my stage 2 map and turbo back exhaust.

The following mods were free.

RARB
                            Forge Recirc Valve
                            Oil restrictor bolt
                            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

what happens when you crash into someone else and then they have to take you to court to try and claim.
                              sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

Working...
                              X