This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O7 vxr £6500?

I took the car into my local VW dealer (Donnelly & Taggart NI)yesterday to enquire about a 09 passat, after having a look around both cars and a test drive, he explained to me that the arden astra was only worth £6500 because it has 49K on the clock!!!!

I have to admit I was totally shocked!

These are the prices given by parkers.....

Original Price £19,182
    Franchised Dealer £12,410
    Independent Dealer £11,730
    Private Good £10,940
    Private Poor £9,115
    Part Exchange £9,925

They are based on 30,000 miles and no extras,such as cruise control, 19's etc. Cant see theyd take off £3400 for the sake of 19,000 miles!

Sounds like they tried to rip you off big time!!

Adjust

Comment

[QUOTE=Talby;1385442]These are the prices given by parkers.....

Original Price £19,182
      Franchised Dealer £12,410
      Independent Dealer £11,730
      Private Good £10,940
      Private Poor £9,115
      Part Exchange £9,925

They are based on 30,000 miles and no extras,such as cruise control, 19's etc. Cant see theyd take off £3400 for the sake of 19,000 miles!

Sounds like they tried to rip you off big time!!

Them figures seem fair for the England, but over here you keep having to listen to dealers saying things like 'There are very few customers for cars like that'

Our local VX dealer didn't even get an insignia VXR, I had to drive to belfast to test drive one!

Comment

Best of selling it privately and using the sum as a deposit towards a newer Passat, as thats a really poor trade in price IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty_L View Post
          Best of selling it privately and using the sum as a deposit towards a newer Passat, as thats a really poor trade in price IMO.

Well said big man!

Arden Astra FOR SALE!!!!

Any better offers than £6500!!!!!

Comment

£6501

Comment

£6501

I suppose I asked for that!!!

Class motor you have there, what year is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DISASTRA View Post
                I took the car into my local VW dealer (Donnelly & Taggart NI)yesterday to enquire about a 09 passat, after having a look around both cars and a test drive, he explained to me that the arden astra was only worth £6500 because it has 49K on the clock!!!!

I have to admit I was totally shocked!
                Thats the trade in values im afraid, i was offer 6600 for mine last year, 55 plate with 67k on it. They will contact a trader and the trader will offer that value to them so that the trader can stick a thousand pound on it and make money on it themselves.

Vauxhalls dont hold there value, great for buying one but not so good when you go to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by DISASTRA View Post
                  I suppose I asked for that!!!

Class motor you have there, what year is it?
                  Thanks it's an '07 plate too, but with only 29k on the clock.

Comment

mate they say they give you 6500 for yours you then see it for sale for 9500 the next day garages are robbing ..... people
                    sigpic

Astra vxr complete

Full TMS rebuild Owens HTA k04

Comment

yeh the main dealers want to see aourn 2/3 k profit, you normal gargage 1/2k profit.

id sell it up for 9500 with the milage and if its good spec

Comment

Thanks it's an '07 plate too, but with only 29k on the clock.

They might offer you 6700 matty!!!

To me it sounds like apsolute rubbish, if this is the type of mark up they expect from each transaction then we should all start trading!

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                          yeh the main dealers want to see aourn 2/3 k profit, you normal gargage 1/2k profit.

id sell it up for 9500 with the milage and if its good spec

I will maybe post it up around Sep time as that when I will start to need 4 doors, vxr's are workable with one child but not two!

Comment

that is a poor price no doubt about it.

but to say dealers are crooks for putting 1-1.5k on the price .... you should see what costs are actually involved with prepping and selling a used car properly and offering a good NetQ warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by burge View Post
                              mate they say they give you 6500 for yours you then see it for sale for 9500 the next day garages are robbing ..... people
                              From their point of view they have staff to keep and other overheads to take a lump off the profit, but in this case I think they took me for someone stupid!

The would not move one penny on the price of the ''spectacular'' 110 brake diesel passat!

Comment

Working...
                              X