X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Battery removed --

My map,
    I recentely fitted a new battery to my astra so was wondering if the changing over process would have changed my map on the ecu?

Nope but you will have lost all your long and short term trims so the ecu will readapt to its surroundings
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

HI mate ,what does that mean?

Comment

The adaptions to your altidude, air temp, driving style etc will be reset so the ECU will learn from scratch meaning it will take a good 50miles or so before its back to the way it is. Remeber to give it a good blast in this time so it logs that speed is sometimes your friend. Lol

Comment

So what your saying is : if you have a mapped car, and drove it sensibly, your ecu would have learnt all this and you wont get the maps full potential ?

But disconnect the battery for a while, reconnect and from then on, drive it aggressivly, and the ecu will remember, and you get more from the map ?

I wouldnt have thought so ?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
            So what your saying is : if you have a mapped car, and drove it sensibly, your ecu would have learnt all this and you wont get the maps full potential ?

But disconnect the battery for a while, reconnect and from then on, drive it aggressivly, and the ecu will remember, and you get more from the map ?

I wouldnt have thought so ?
            what it means is that your car has to learn to adapt again to the map meaning al other things will adapt accordingly

Comment

What actually happens is the ecu doesn't adapt to the map as such the ecu adapts the map to suit the hardware.

The ecu adapts to the tolerances within the engine and how these correspond to the map, the ecu might deem that it needs +3% fuel at 2000rpm at load site 5 for example. This is a stored variation away from the fuelling table written into the ecu.

The ecu stores long and short term trims to take into account these changes. If you drive easy for a long time the long term trims / short term trims (basically averages to ensure the ecu is closer to the mark the next time it receives and signal from a sensor) can change to a less aggressive state and therefore not pushing the hardware to its limit thus if you drive the car hard the long and short term trims are question and maybe updated to take into account your heavy right foot.

Sorry its difficult to explain on a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                What actually happens is the ecu doesn't adapt to the map as such the ecu adapts the map to suit the hardware.

The ecu adapts to the tolerances within the engine and how these correspond to the map, the ecu might deem that it needs +3% fuel at 2000rpm at load site 5 for example. This is a stored variation away from the fuelling table written into the ecu.

The ecu stores long and short term trims to take into account these changes. If you drive easy for a long time the long term trims / short term trims (basically averages to ensure the ecu is closer to the mark the next time it receives and signal from a sensor) can change to a less aggressive state and therefore not pushing the hardware to its limit thus if you drive the car hard the long and short term trims are question and maybe updated to take into account your heavy right foot.

Sorry its difficult to explain on a forum.
                that what i meant

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                  that what i meant
                  I knew what you mean't

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                    I knew what you mean't
                    my way of explaining things is very limited . normaly like the thingy ma bob that goes into other thingy will cause the main thing to sort the minor thing or along them lines .

Comment

Working...
                    X