This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDS Software

Just a quick question: Will the EDS handheld and software run ok on Widows 7, Running Virtual XP?

they have updated it now so you can use vista and 7 also
    Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
    ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

Originally posted by mossiemosforth View Post
      they have updated it now so you can use vista and 7 also
      Cheers m8, thats great news. You got OCD yet with that polisher?

Comment

a little bit
        done mine, the missus's and the neighbors too
        Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
        ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

The client works with windows 7 but if u need to update the ipf this will only still work in winxp as i found out today.

Comment

Software / IPF firmware can be downloaded from http://www.eds-motorsport.de/ipf/en/ipf_en.htm

Comment

Originally posted by donovan2123 View Post
              The client works with windows 7 but if u need to update the ipf this will only still work in winxp as i found out today.
              When you say update..you mean uploading a map onto it?

Comment

No sometimes you may need to update the ipf module it self. Most people who have bought the ipf have had to do the update first to the ipf module.

Well i know i did.

The module isnt connected to laptop when writing or reading car. Also you only have to read the car once and when it promts you to go to car and plug it in just unplug and replug then it will come up with your ecu info and allow you to continue. This next step will show ur maps you choose map you want click continue it will download map to ipf once done disconnect from pc and then plug it in to car and switch igniton on and leave it for about 20-30mins intill light goes solid green.
                Last edited by donovan2123; 27 July 2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

No sometimes you may need to update the ipf module it self. Most people who have bought the ipf have had to do the update first to the ipf module first well. Well i know i did
                  Ok cheers. Sounds like they need to move with the times a little

Comment

I made the mistake of keeping it connected to laptop whilst plugged in to the car! This caused ipf not to work. Once i figured out it must not be connected to laptop when connected to car it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                      Ok cheers. Sounds like they need to move with the times a little
                      Tell me about it! I had to torrent windows xp just to do the update to ipf!

Comment

I made the mistake of keeping it connected to laptop whilst plugged in to the car! This caused ipf not to work. Once i figured out it must not be connected to laptop when connected to car it worked fine.
                        I dunno if i can be arsed with the hassle as my laptop and netbook doesnt have an R232 conector, and ive heard the usb coverters are unreliable, plus ill have to **** about reinstalling a prehistoric OS just for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                          I dunno if i can be arsed with the hassle as my laptop and netbook doesnt have an R232 conector, and ive heard the usb coverters are unreliable, plus ill have to **** about reinstalling a prehistoric OS just for that
                          I though you connected the IPF unit to your laptop via USB and not RS232.

Comment

Yes they connect to laptop using usb mate! Its only xp isssue u need to worry about although i imagine any new updates for ipf will work with windows vista/7.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                              I though you connected the IPF unit to your laptop via USB and not RS232.
                              Oh i hope thats right then i must have mis-read a post ive been searching

*cheers lads thanks for confirming.

Comment

Working...
                              X