This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise from dash ??

Hi just a querry I have noticed that I have a noise coming from the middle of the dash board, It happens with in a few seconds of starting the car and it sounds like some thing is ingaging ?
    Does anyone have any Idea what it is please ??
    Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
    Hi just a querry I have noticed that I have a noise coming from the middle of the dash board, It happens with in a few seconds of starting the car and it sounds like some thing is ingaging ?
    Does anyone have any Idea what it is please ??

so you start the car then drive off and a few secs it makes the noise? if so it's the ABS self check mate...if not that then sorry carnt help you bud..but sure some 1 might know
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

It Also does it after you turn it off after 5 mins, it's the motors opening and closing the air vents isn't it..
      ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
        It Also does it after you turn it off after 5 mins, it's the motors opening and closing the air vents isn't it..
        i used to hear mine..but i carnt now since i had the piper fitted
        ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
          i used to hear mine..but i carnt now since i had the piper fitted

Comment

I haven't noticed it happen when I turn the car off.
            Only when I turn the engine on & drive about 20 - 50 yards down the road and then the sound of something engaging .
            Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
              I haven't noticed it happen when I turn the car off.
              Only when I turn the engine on & drive about 20 - 50 yards down the road and then the sound of something engaging .
              Yeah deffo does it mate, turn car off and sit there for 5/6 mins and you'll hear it HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                so you start the car then drive off and a few secs it makes the noise? if so it's the ABS self check mate...if not that then sorry carnt help you bud..but sure some 1 might know
                Thanks for your input this does sound feesable but never heard this in the Zafira which also has ABS although the Zaffi is a 2005 plate which I have had from new.
                Maybe they could have changed the way it does things on later models lol
                Would like to do more,

Comment

Yeah deffo does it mate, turn car off and sit there for 5/6 mins and you'll hear it HTH.
                  I shall try this out next time I use the car lol
                  I have always wanted to ask what does HTH mean ??

Also thank you for your input
                  Would like to do more,

Comment

Hope this helps.....

and your welcome glad to help......

Comment

Hope this helps.....

and your welcome glad to help......
                      I have been racking my brain to work that out mate
                      But it's hard when you only got one cell to search

Thanks again
                      Would like to do more,

Comment

Working...
                      X