X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disks and pads

Hi lads,

I'm needing a new set of front disks and pads for my astra and am looking for some advice. Where is the best place to pick up a set? Is it best to stay with the standard disks and uprated pads or uprate the disks also?

Thanks.

Personaly mate.....if you know anyone that can get parts at Vauxhall trade club price, I'd get a disk and pad set!

Trade club have stupidly cheap prices which I like!
    12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

Originally posted by DanEds View Post
      Personaly mate.....if you know anyone that can get parts at Vauxhall trade club price, I'd get a disk and pad set!

Trade club have stupidly cheap prices which I like!

Thanks for the quick reply! I know someone who works at my local vaux dealer so will ask them what they can do.

Comment

Genuine parts for a price that's cheaper than most other makes..... That's a good thing mate! I do the same with service parts too!
        12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

I havent got my login for trade club here at work but i posted the price recently in another post:
          Vauxhall price is £162 for front brakes and pads for VXR, if you have trade club their £106.27
          Arden Astra VXR
          Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
            I havent got my login for trade club here at work but i posted the price recently in another post:
            That is a good price that mate.
            but how do you acquire a trade club card ??
            Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Chewits View Post
              Hi lads,

I'm needing a new set of front disks and pads for my astra and am looking for some advice. Where is the best place to pick up a set? Is it best to stay with the standard disks and uprated pads or uprate the disks also?

Thanks.
              Only you can answer that one but if it was me I wouldn't upgrade the pads without the disc's.
              Plus would totally be on what the prices were coming in at.
              Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

We do the discs for £125.00 and pads for £47.00. That is including courier (which is a lot because they are heavy!) and no trade club card needed.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattbibs View Post
                  We do the discs for £125.00 and pads for £47.00. That is including courier (which is a lot because they are heavy!) and no trade club card needed.

Matt
                  Thats a good price on them individually! If you havnt access to trade/trade club discount and only needed pads thats a good price as retail price on pads is £60.50, and discs are £141!

But if you were to buy both the discs and pads as a set from a local parts centre you would save £10 on the rrp as it were.
                  Arden Astra VXR

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
                    Thats a good price on them individually! If you havnt access to trade/trade club discount and only needed pads thats a good price as retail price on pads is £60.50, and discs are £141!

But if you were to buy both the discs and pads as a set from a local parts centre you would save £10 on the rrp as it were.
                    Someone has given you slightly the wrong info there. From a dealer they are 60.50 +VAT and £141 +VAT respectfully so a saving of £64.76 with us! And you cant buy these as a kit, individually only

Comment

Originally posted by mattbibs View Post
                      Someone has given you slightly the wrong info there. From a dealer they are 60.50 +VAT and £141 +VAT respectfully so a saving of £64.76 with us! And you cant buy these as a kit, individually only
                      I was just reading out of the online trade club catalogue. But like I said it is a good buy

Sorry wasnt slating your prices.
                      Arden Astra VXR

Comment

no i wasnt getting at you - just the VAT on the higher priced items makes a big difference!! people often quote on here before VAT and its only going to be worse next year with 20%!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewits View Post
                          Hi lads,

Thanks.

As an UPGRADE alternative to Matt's great pricing on VX replacement parts, can i suggest the following;

I think our VXRo "group buy" (which i organised) for discounted EBC discs are still up for grabs with Demon Tweaks - details HERE

You can either have Black Dashs like I did or Turbo Grooved for the same price ( £115 + vat ). These are uprated discs and IMO should be used with standard VX pads which MattBibs can supply you........

RRPs for these DISCS can be seen HERE

Please let me know how you get on....

hth
                          sigpic

Comment

I would like to know this too.
                            Thanks
                            Originally posted by Bronze View Post
                            That is a good price that mate.
                            but how do you acquire a trade club card ??

Comment

Can someone please advise me about brakes and Warranty.

Ive had a long battle going on with my brakes so keep taking it to the dealer and they tell me just to take the wheels off and look at them there is a charge and if the brakes are worn down they are not covered (which is probably true).

They tell me there is about 60% left on them which is utter crap.

Just by looking at them myself I can see that they are worn beyond this but not sure by how much and if they need to be replaced very soon or not.

Is the dealer right in saying this because I think they are just fobbing me off.

I dont want to replace them yet if I dont have to.

Also Ive had a couple pieces of advice on here but am I right in thinking if im going to replace the pads I might as well get new discs too as they are slightly worn.

Thanks
                              Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X