Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting heat shield?? :S

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Painting heat shield?? :S

    Hiya guys

    does anyone know if it's possible to paint the heat shield covering the manifold??

    If so has anyone done it?… and how

    thanks

  • #2
    deans done it and has 1 for sale

    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100817
    Last edited by smokinvxr; 28 July 2010, 03:50 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Is it just the three bolts that hold it on? Are there any washers behind it or anything. Before I take it off and lose something!
      sigpic

      Black Astra VXR, 19" Diamond Cut alloys, 3" Turbo back Scorpion exhaust

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
        Didn't his start life as a stainless steel one tho

        I'm wondering if anyone has tried on the standard heatshield ?

        And yea it's just the 3 bolts no washers but it's a pain in the **** to get of iirc

        Comment


        • #5
          Ye i would like to know to fancy spraying mine matt black

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by G-man View Post
            Didn't his start life as a stainless steel one tho

            I'm wondering if anyone has tried on the standard heatshield ?

            And yea it's just the 3 bolts no washers but it's a pain in the **** to get of iirc
            Really? Looks pretty straightforward if it's only the three bolts! Lol! Maybe I'll try getting mine off and then report back how easy it was!
            Bit of hammerite should do the job shouldn't it?
            sigpic

            Black Astra VXR, 19" Diamond Cut alloys, 3" Turbo back Scorpion exhaust

            Comment


            • #7
              for the shake of 25quid you might aswel buy one new from glenn yale and paint it.. i think deans is sold int it??

              Comment


              • #8
                I have just painted mine.You got to remove the two engine lifting brackets and remove the breather pipe from rocker cover to the sump,makes it a lot easier remove but it still tight for space.
                I used black bbq paint as its heat resistant to 650 degrees.Will try and get a pic up if the rain stops

                Took a quick pic as its still pi**ing rain.

                Last edited by daz74; 28 July 2010, 05:27 PM. Reason: added pic
                Darren


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by daz74 View Post
                  I have just painted mine.You got to remove the two engine lifting brackets and remove the breather pipe from rocker cover to the sump,makes it a lot easier remove but it still tight for space.
                  I used black bbq paint as its heat resistant to 650 degrees.Will try and get a pic up if the rain stops
                  good man can't wait to see the picture

                  Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                  for the shake of 25quid you might aswel buy one new from glenn yale and paint it.. i think deans is sold int it??
                  I don't like the Glenn Yale ones tbh damo matey. Just my personal preference I suppose.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks smart that daz mate what paint did you use again???

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ar well no worries matey, oe one will still luk wicked painted

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It was a spray can of bbq paint i bought from homebase,think its around £8 a can
                        Darren


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Buy mine

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Although not quite as maintanence free, the standard ones do polish up well with a £12 polishing kit off the net!!
                            Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                            Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
                              Although not quite as maintanence free, the standard ones do polish up well with a £12 polishing kit off the net!!
                              Aww where was you yesterday I've gone and painted mine now! Oh well looks koool shall take a photo when I have time

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X