This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error codes

done the pedal test today and code came up it says ecn 0042011 then flashes then goes to 000000 anyone know what that code is or could send the like to the error codes thanks

hi mate,,, it's your cat,,, common problem with remus exhaust,,,
    It's also popped up on mine afew weeks ago after going to stage 2 and is going into vx dealer for a service in september so I'll deal with it then,,,

P0420 catalyst efficiency under limit

Comment

link to error codes

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=33644

Comment

just to add my cars running fine with this error code,,,

there is afew burgs with the same issue mate and I think most of them are waiting or have their cat replacements by now from their local dealer,,,

Comment

As abjnr said it's your cat mate, perfectly normal and common when running a sports at especially Remus as it's only an 100 cell.it may or may not bring a light on but a remap will widen the emission parameters and get rid of the light or most tuners can get rid of it without a map

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

am i better to just leave it as it is or get it booked in to get fixed

Comment

disconnect your battery for half hour then reconnect and do pedal test again.. mine disapeared.. also it is known that a remap sorts this problem
              sigpic

Comment

i will do m8 my car is only standard i try my best to keep the car out the garage as i dont like the young team taking it out for a test drive lol

Comment

Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
                  i will do m8 my car is only standard i try my best to keep the car out the garage as i dont like the young team taking it out for a test drive lol

do you notice any problems with performance etc.. if you do a search on that fault code mate you will find its common on the Astra VXR with remus fitted. its mainly due to the 100 cell sports cat fitted..
                  sigpic

Comment

am i better to just leave it as it is or get it booked in to get fixed

defo get it fixed when the car is still within its warranty,,, cause if you don't it might fail it's first MOT and you'll have to buy a new sports cat for it,,,

Comment

read this thread,,, guy with same issue as us

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100471

search button

Comment

yeah good point were is the best place to put it in then as it still under warrenty its hard to say if i notice any diffrence

Comment

I haven't noticed any performance difference too,,,

I use the vx dealer at mount vernon cause it's close to me and haven't had any problems with them yet,,, just remember to tell them not to wash your car cause it's part of there service now,,,, nice new swirl marks

Comment

is that arnold clarke vauxhall mate are you still on for sunday

Comment

is that arnold clarke vauxhall mate are you still on for sunday
                              it's Vauxhall arnold clark dealer at mount vernon,,, still going on sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X