Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decat Scorpion Exhaust?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Decat Scorpion Exhaust?

    Just wondered if anyone had dec-catted a scorpion as im thinking of doing it.
    I know it will fail an MOT,
    Just wondered what it would do to the car, and what i would need to do it

    Thanks!
    sigpic

    What's That Noise/Deviate DJ http://soundcloud.com/krepz FOR FREE DUBSTEP/GRIME/GARAGE MIXES!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by jord99 View Post
    Just wondered if anyone had dec-catted a scorpion as im thinking of doing it.
    I know it will fail an MOT,
    Just wondered what it would do to the car, and what i would need to do it

    Thanks!
    are you mapped jord?? as it will throw a spanner light on and might run horrid until mapped ..

    Comment


    • #3
      it would improve power quite abit... , its just a case of cut and weld a new section of pipe in
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
        are you mapped jord?? as it will throw a spanner light on and might run horrid until mapped ..
        Not mapped yet mate!
        But didnt know that so thanks for the heads up buddy!
        Only just sorted the spanner light from the BOV haha.
        sigpic

        What's That Noise/Deviate DJ http://soundcloud.com/krepz FOR FREE DUBSTEP/GRIME/GARAGE MIXES!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jord99 View Post
          Not mapped yet mate!
          But didnt know that so thanks for the heads up buddy!
          Only just sorted the spanner light from the BOV haha.
          lol yeh you will 100% get a light on until you get it remapped to remove.. i wud leave it with sport cat in tbh

          Comment


          • #6
            Really?
            Whats the difference between a sports cat and a decat?
            (i think scorpions come with a sport cat dont they?)
            sigpic

            What's That Noise/Deviate DJ http://soundcloud.com/krepz FOR FREE DUBSTEP/GRIME/GARAGE MIXES!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Decat means you simply have no catalytic converter
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

              Comment


              • #8
                And what advantages/disadvantages are there with this bud?
                sigpic

                What's That Noise/Deviate DJ http://soundcloud.com/krepz FOR FREE DUBSTEP/GRIME/GARAGE MIXES!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Advantages are that the exhaust system is less restrictive and therefore will develop slightly more power.

                  The disadvantage is that the OBD II ecu system uses two lambda sensors to control the fueling in closed loop. The second sensors signal will be too close to that of the first sensor and will put on the engine management light as it will have believe the cat has failed even though you have removed it due to fitting the decat.

                  Be careful regarding having the secondary sensor mapped out of the car altogether as it may cause fuelling issues.
                  | Find | Watch | Follow |

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I did run de-cat for 8 months with out one issue, and got nice loud pops plus a flame from the back end

                    But get a map for it, Regal sell EDS IPF unit that has a De-cat map

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      jord 99 how did you manage to get it not to come up with a spanner light with dump valve?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by shazoo666 View Post
                        jord 99 how did you manage to get it not to come up with a spanner light with dump valve?
                        i didnt mate i sold the dump valve haha!
                        sigpic

                        What's That Noise/Deviate DJ http://soundcloud.com/krepz FOR FREE DUBSTEP/GRIME/GARAGE MIXES!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You can buy a de-cat pipe to fit where the cat should which aremade by scorpion and saw them on eBay

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X