Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

program on board comp. to show temp., boost, and anything else???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • program on board comp. to show temp., boost, and anything else???

    Ive got sat nav built in unit and was wondering, can u program on board computer to display on screen engine temp. and boost levels on screen??? Cheers for ur help on this

  • #2
    you can get it to display engine temps but not boost levels.

    When you are on the music screen hold down settings until it bleeps and says testmode on

    then press BC 5 times and you will see the engine temp.

    Go back to the main screen and hold settings to get out of testmode.

    This is how you do it on my CD70 but may be slightly different depending on your unit.

    Look in the how to section if you cant work it out mate

    Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

    Comment


    • #3
      I tried using an elm327 obd tool to data log but it wouldnt even read boost. Anyone had any success reading boost from the engine with obd?
      Arden Astra VXR
      Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Georgy View Post
        I tried using an elm327 obd tool to data log but it wouldnt even read boost. Anyone had any success reading boost from the engine with obd?
        you cant read boost though obd

        Comment


        • #5
          ***** can read boost but not with generic OBD stuff.

          Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

          Clique #14

          Comment


          • #6
            What logger do you use to read boost with *****?
            Arden Astra VXR
            Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
              you can get it to display engine temps but not boost levels.

              When you are on the music screen hold down settings until it bleeps and says testmode on

              then press BC 5 times and you will see the engine temp.

              Go back to the main screen and hold settings to get out of testmode.

              This is how you do it on my CD70 but may be slightly different depending on your unit.

              Look in the how to section if you cant work it out mate
              Cheers, was hoping u could program it to show on screen permenantly instead of mpg data. Just would've look good with on screen digital boost levels and temp. etc

              Comment


              • #8
                I believe ***** can read it but only as kPa (kilopascals)
                sigpic
                Originally posted by soosie
                Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                Originally posted by soosie
                Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MCOOPERVXR View Post
                  Cheers, was hoping u could program it to show on screen permenantly instead of mpg data. Just would've look good with on screen digital boost levels and temp. etc
                  Cannot be done with the factory stuff but if you convert the CID to display video, you can get a specific make logger to show on the CID.

                  Who makes this I am not saying as I want the first one they make, but lets put it this way it costs in excess of £500.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cant a dashhawk not display all these figs for you ?

                    If so, its a real shame you cant send the display o/p to the CID
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BasilD View Post
                      Cannot be done with the factory stuff but if you convert the CID to display video, you can get a specific make logger to show on the CID.

                      Who makes this I am not saying as I want the first one they make, but lets put it this way it costs in excess of £500.
                      I'll find a way soon enough get some of my computer tech head mates on the case

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                        Cant a dashhawk not display all these figs for you ?

                        If so, its a real shame you cant send the display o/p to the CID
                        Not boost, I bought one and hoped it would display boost, but it didn't, , I have also got ***** and yes I think it can display boost in kPa but how annoying to have a laptop on the passenger's side.
                        Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X