This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger door wont close

Well polled up to work the other day. Opended the passenger door but then it wouldnt close, the locking mechanism wouldnt engage so it just kept bouncing open. Luckily we have a big workshop for the Police vehicles so took it to them to have alook, guess what the verdict was..................yep, the whole mechanism is ******

So it has been taken to vauxhall who have confirmed that the passenger door needs a whole new locking mechanism which is luckily covered under warrenty. The bad news is that they dont have it in stock nor does anyh other dealer so its on back order and we all know how long that can take

that is what happens mate,if you take your car out on duty and hit peoples heads with the door.
    sigpic

Comment

or it could be too much wax on the door as i know you have the start of vxrmarcOCD.

just kidding,hope you get it sorted.
      sigpic

Comment

Wel had a call from Vauxhall and there estimating around 6th August before this will get sorted out The reason being that there isnt a single dealership in the entire country that has a spare locking mechanism for a flipping Astra so it has to come from Germany, what a joke

However my dealership have been great sorting me out an hire car through enterprise at no cost to myself

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          Wel had a call from Vauxhall and there estimating around 6th August before this will get sorted out The reason being that there isnt a single dealership in the entire country that has a spare locking mechanism for a flipping Astra so it has to come from Germany, what a joke

However my dealership have been great sorting me out an hire car through enterprise at no cost to myself
          At least its not all bad mate, Just make sure they give you something decent

Comment

thats naff mate! look on the bright side! they cud of told you its not covered under warrenty and you have to wait til aug 6th! hope all is resolved soon mate!

Comment

ha ha myn did that once , the clip had closed so the door catch was closed it just needed pushing up with my finger
              WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

ouch odear

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                  ha ha myn did that once , the clip had closed so the door catch was closed it just needed pushing up with my finger
                  Wish it was that simple mate but it simply doesnt lock when closed and the catch just wobbles around and wont lock into place. Picked up the hire car today, a lovel 1.4 new Astra

Comment

jay, not to open a can of worms but how are yous till covered by warranty when clearly modded???

i need a new dealer lol

mines over 3 years old now anyway but even if i went with something like your problem they would say, ooh its cause its lowered, or hmmm the map caused this - idiots.

Comment

im siure his door mechinism isnt modded though

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                        jay, not to open a can of worms but how are yous till covered by warranty when clearly modded???

i need a new dealer lol

mines over 3 years old now anyway but even if i went with something like your problem they would say, ooh its cause its lowered, or hmmm the map caused this - idiots.
                        I get on very well with my dealership. I understand what you say but warrenty is only normally voided if the defect can be linked to the modification. So you have a remap and the turbo goes its understandable. If you had a remap and the stereo went the two arent linked. Nothing has been modded that could have caused the locking mechanism to go so the warrenty is still there and its a good job as with it being the keyless system its several hundred £'s

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                          im siure his door mechinism isnt modded though

gary!

i know that

my point is all warranty is voided if modded!

my dealerships near me wouldnt fix it under warranty if that was my car is what im saying.

Comment

ive had a few bits done like jay! all parts not affected by mods

sigpic

Comment

this just highlights the huge discrepency (spelling) between dealers and vauxhalls warranty.

As far as we are told - modded means VOID warranty regardless of cause or relationship between failed part and mod.

Vauxhall are idiots at times, winds me up. my dealer would void you if you but a sunvisor on they are that bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X