This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recirc valve paranoia

Some may know I've had my car for a week or so now, with that being said I'm becoming more and more paranoid over everything I hear in the car (due to reading various threads about problems with the vxr). Last night my exhaust note sounded a lot more raspier and when revving it, on the rev down the exhaust kinda burbled and clanked.. I know it sounds stupid as I know exhausts do that, I'm just thinking something may be wrong lol.

Also with the recirc valve, as standard does it still make a high pitched whistle? When dropping the clutch from driving in a gear, it whistles asif I have a bov. Ive tried looking down the back of engine but nothing seems peculiar..

Someone tell me I'm just being an idiot?

danny
    Arden Astra VXR - Mods: Stage 2 EDS 286.3bhp / 357.7lbft, Milltek race LOUD exhaust, Whiteline adjustable RARB, 6000k HIDs, Percy CDTI, Powerpipe + Tophat, Oil restrictor bolt + breather box, Debadged, Arden boot strip, Team HEKO wind deflectors, Private plate

Try this matey

http://vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=33644

this will give you a rough idea if there are any faults etc..
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like could be the pipe off the recirc valve come off, but im no expert.

The raspy sound is what mine is like, could be cracked exhaust mani. What year is your car? Any warranty left?

EDIT: recirc is on the front of engine ??
      Arden Astra VXR
      Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Yeah, I got my mate to listen and he said the burbling etc came from near the back box. Its a 2006, so no warranty left. Just took it out for a 5 minute drive, lifted the bonnet and the engine metal is ticking like crazy - I knew that these were hot running engines but after 5 mins?

If I took it to vaux for a check over, how much am I looking to pay?
        Arden Astra VXR - Mods: Stage 2 EDS 286.3bhp / 357.7lbft, Milltek race LOUD exhaust, Whiteline adjustable RARB, 6000k HIDs, Percy CDTI, Powerpipe + Tophat, Oil restrictor bolt + breather box, Debadged, Arden boot strip, Team HEKO wind deflectors, Private plate

Comment

Done the diagnostic check, everything came back ok just 2 fault codes regarding immobiliser/steering column environment..

Comment

tbh i got some steering error on ***** so cleared it and it never came back probs linked in with immobiliser if the battery went flas or left in ignition too long...just a guess but it happened on my mk4.

The ticking has been linked to the piston cooling jets if i remember, recently a topic about it i think.
            Arden Astra VXR
            Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by danneh View Post
              Yeah, I got my mate to listen and he said the burbling etc came from near the back box. Its a 2006, so no warranty left. Just took it out for a 5 minute drive, lifted the bonnet and the engine metal is ticking like crazy - I knew that these were hot running engines but after 5 mins?

If I took it to vaux for a check over, how much am I looking to pay?
              to me it sounds like your been very paranoid... the ticking is the engine cooling down... the burbling is the exhaust note.. if you had a fault with your zorst faults would be on the dash..
              sigpic

Comment

i am the same, always looking my boost guage to check its boosting right, asking the wife if the car sounds odd? the car is fine but i keep thinking its going to break
                VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Car was running at a temp of 92 then on a trip to tescos

Comment

Quite normal

Comment

Paranoia is a *****! lol cheers guys - gonna go check all my pipes letter on get the car up on ramps

Comment

Working...
                      X