This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control

Hiya guys was wondering if anyone knows how I can go about getting cruise control on a 06 astra vxr. I've a new girlfriend in lisburn which is a wee bit away and I want better return on my MPG (read that people are getting like 30-50mpg) instead of 20 all the way :P

Cheers lads

buy the stalk £20-30 then need a garage or somebody with tech 2 to reprogram the ecu and cim module, easy job about 20 mins

Comment

im thinking of doing this with my vxr to, does anyone know if its just as simple to do on a sri 150 diesel

Comment

Just check if you have the clutch switch fitted and if you have its a very easy 2 minute job, if not you'll just need to fit a clutch switch which shouldnt be much bother so long as the wiring is there!
        You can program with *****, there are concerns over ruining your ECU but I've heard of loads of people having sucess like me and not heard one person had a prob with *****.
        Arden Astra VXR
        Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by skenevxr View Post
          im thinking of doing this with my vxr to, does anyone know if its just as simple to do on a sri 150 diesel

yes just the same did my 08 sri no probs

Comment

PM vx220z22se

he retro fitted my cruise control for me, had it on since mid march and no problems

Comment

All diesels have the clutch switch as it is required for the "anti jerk" function in the engine software.

Install switch, program variant configuration in the CIM, ECU and IPC, usually about 15 minutes tops.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

the stalks are going up in price all the time now. we do them at £35 delivered but i think they are still cheaper on ebay - must be old stocks now!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by wtfux View Post
                  Hiya guys was wondering if anyone knows how I can go about getting cruise control on a 06 astra vxr. I've a new girlfriend in lisburn which is a wee bit away and I want better return on my MPG (read that people are getting like 30-50mpg) instead of 20 all the way :P

Cheers lads
                  but CC reduces MPG
                  sigpic

Comment

It does? Christ thanks for telling me I was about to buy a stalk there LOL

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                      but CC reduces MPG
                      Are you sure about that

CC will increase MPG as the throttle won't vary as much as with direct input for the user therefore saving fuel as the ecu tried to compensate within closed loop.
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

I'm trying to fit the stalk but can't get the old one off, any one tell me how as i've seen the how too but im none the wiser

EDIT:

Sorry for hijacking
                        Flame Red Astra VXR

Comment

If I was bigger I'd come round and beat you, but I'm not so there

Oh so it DOES then, brilliant! I want cruise control again lol

Comment

PUll the rubber boot back and slide a large paper clip (straightened out) in to the groove under the stalk, as you push that in pull the stalk out.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                              Are you sure about that

CC will increase MPG as the throttle won't vary as much as with direct input for the user therefore saving fuel as the ecu tried to compensate within closed loop.
                              Cruise control can't anticipate hills, it is reactive, therefore will use more fuel labouring up the hill. Going down the hill, cruise on a manual car can't change down a gear or more to save fuel, therefore it uses more.

A good drivers foot is more economical than cruise control without a shadow of doubt, it's easy to tell if you have a boost gauge, you can see cc on and off boost trying to keep road speed the same
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X