This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remap

Thinking of getting my car remapped, its currently standard engine wise, been having a look on TMS, courts etc. a lad who i know sent me a link to this website,
    http://www.bigfishtuning.co.uk/index.php

his brother has had his Audi TT done and says its great!

they claim to be able to get from 240bhp to 275bhp for a £200 remap, im not fully clued up on how remaps work can someone give me some advice?

cheers

A remap takes the software which runs on your ECU which is a computer that controls the engine.

The software has alot of parameters of what the correct fueling ignition timing and boost levels should be produced by the engine and attempts to keep it to those settings.

A remap will modify those parameters in the software and mean that the engine will opperate differently.

For example they will opptomise ignition timings and fuel ratios to give more performance but you will loose some protection against poor quality fuels so will require to run high octane fuel.

On turbo's cars they will most likely crank up the boost which is why you get such good gains.

Question is do you trust the person doing the remap that he really knows what he is doing, as he can program any parameters he likes, even ones that are technically dangerous.

Many people stick to well known Vauxhall tuners but that doesn't mean smaller tuners are not going to produce good results.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

you better of going to halfords instead of them lol

and use the tuner of your choice and who you feel confatable with ring them and make your own decsion

Comment

Thing is if you remap an engine and tell it to job off a cliff.. it will... if you remap an engine to be the most amazing engine ever it will be. It's all about how well the guy whos doing it knows what good high performance but safe parameters are.

Some engines can take more abuse then others, depends how strung it is to start with.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
          Thing is if you remap an engine and tell it to job off a cliff.. it will... if you remap an engine to be the most amazing engine ever it will be. It's all about how well the guy whos doing it knows what good high performance but safe parameters are.

Some engines can take more abuse then others, depends how strung it is to start with.
          thanks for the comments, i spoke to him on the phone and he said if they really want they can push about 280 -285 but its safer and less strain to aim for about 275! i will have a think and see if i can get in touch with any more people who have used him! the guy i no who had his TT done has had no issues with him but like you said its if i trust the guy! End of the day i dont want him to ruin my car!

Comment

Working...
          X