X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baileys Dump Valve

Alright there,

I currently have a Baileys DV26D on my car I bought it second hand off of here and it has been on the car approximately 2 weeks. On starting the car up (after two days of not driving it) as I drove away I noticed that I no longer got the Tisssh noise from the DV but instead a noise which I can only describe as a flutter (hope that makes sense). Im not very mechanically minded and wondered if anyone would be able to give me some advice

Cheers,

Tom
    Debadged, Tinted Windows, Carbon fibre bits, Cobra Exhaust, Rarb, Pro Kit Springs, EDS Tophat, Forge Recirc Valve, Oil restrictor bolt, TXA Intercooler, Pipercross cone, CDTI Hose, KTM Orange Snowflakes - TMS Stage 3 Map 290 BHP and 347 Torque

Anyone?
    Debadged, Tinted Windows, Carbon fibre bits, Cobra Exhaust, Rarb, Pro Kit Springs, EDS Tophat, Forge Recirc Valve, Oil restrictor bolt, TXA Intercooler, Pipercross cone, CDTI Hose, KTM Orange Snowflakes - TMS Stage 3 Map 290 BHP and 347 Torque

Comment

Sounds like your turbo stalling, there are loads of threads on it.

Any fault codes showing? Could be pipe slipped off your inlet or your recirc valve could have split.
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

There's no error codes showing, all pipes are attached. Im gonna take the dump valve off tomorrow and put the original pipe back on could this fix the problem?

Comment

It sounds like what I had does it sound like a turkey if so look at where the dv is fitted and on the back wall of the engine bay look down and in the gap you can see a tiny little pipe which goes to the back of the engine that is the pipe for the vacuum of the recirc valve and if thats popped off as mine did you need to put it back in the rubber joiner I even cable tied it on
          TOO MUCH TO LIST

Comment

Yer you might be able to class it as a turkey lol cheers for the advice i'll have a look at it tomorrow when i've got some light

Comment

As said above, it will be a vac hose popped off the back of the engine OR one of the pipes you installed for the DV may have come off. Check all the connections you made and the ones that go behind the engine.

Where are you based?
              Arden VXR / 17" TD 1.2's Gloss Black/Dreamscience RACE+/Forge Re-Circ Valve/DAP'R Springs/Quaife LSD/RARB/TX Tophat/3" BLUEFLAME/PIPERCROSS CONE Filter/Oil Restrictor Bolt/Courtenay CDTI Conv/Courtenay Engine Mount Insert/Black Rear Diffuser/Black Boot Strip/Black V-Grill/Black Fogs/Black Wing Mirrors/8K HID's/Wind Deflectors/Insignia Jets/Cruise/Auto Wiper and Lights/De-Badged/Anti-Hijack
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz*VXR View Post
                As said above, it will be a vac hose popped off the back of the engine OR one of the pipes you installed for the DV may have come off. Check all the connections you made and the ones that go behind the engine.

Where are you based?
                Im in kent mate whys that?

Comment

Originally posted by pauluphill View Post
                  It sounds like what I had does it sound like a turkey if so look at where the dv is fitted and on the back wall of the engine bay look down and in the gap you can see a tiny little pipe which goes to the back of the engine that is the pipe for the vacuum of the recirc valve and if thats popped off as mine did you need to put it back in the rubber joiner I even cable tied it on
                  Cheers for the advice mate sorted it all out today

Comment

Working...
                  X