X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre's which ones

hi guys need 2 new tyres soon as a have 3 mm on front....am thinking

toyo t1-r's or vredestein's 225/45/18

or do u think am best off replacing all 4 with same make... and wait till all 4 need changing??

also anyone ad expercience with above tyres? i want sumat thats s...t hot!! as am guna get a lsd fitted soon so want to feel confident

You Just got a set mate

Id go with the sessenta's mate cant rate them enough!!

Comment

Whats fitted to the rears and how much tread have you got on them ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
        You Just got a set mate

Id go with the sessenta's mate cant rate them enough!!

av gone thru 2 front tyres in 5 months whoops lol theve covered 7k is that alrite? they have 3 mm left?

my other 2 on the rear have 6mm lol

Comment

am running khumos at the mo they havnt been a bad tyre but defo can get better for grip

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
            av gone thru 2 front tyres in 5 months whoops lol theve covered 7k is that alrite? they have 3 mm left?

Whats the make on the rears ?

Personally I would leave them until you have 2mm left, remember this is only meaningful in wet conditions............

BTW, I dont think you can bet Dunlop SP Maxxs, however these are fair more than the tyres mentioned so its all relative
            sigpic

Comment

My recomendations would be Yokohama Prada Spec2 or Good Year Eagle F1 Aysemtrics.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Jeepers mate thats not so good! Cheap tyres though so they dont last long...

Go for the vredestiens mate, better than the conti's my car came with imo and i paid £88 a corner for mine which aint to shabby...

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                  Whats the make on the rears ?

Personally I would leave them until you have 2mm left, remember this is only meaningful in wet conditions............

BTW, I dont think you can bet Dunlop SP Maxxs, however these are fair more than the tyres mentioned so its all relative
                  yer a was guna spend around 120 a corner and the t1-r's come in that catergory

av swapped front to bk for now lol may aswell hay?

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                  My recomendations would be Yokohama Prada Spec2 or Good Year Eagle F1 Aysemtrics.
                  had them dan on my old gsi mint in hot weather crap in winter tho didnt feel safe at all on them in winter ( and thats driving sensible)

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                    Jeepers mate thats not so good! Cheap tyres though so they dont last long...

Go for the vredestiens mate, better than the conti's my car came with imo and i paid £88 a corner for mine which aint to shabby...
                    88! thats real good! yer i dont no how long tyres are spost to last but 7k and 3mm left....dun quater mile in them aswell and had sum fun so i will be able to luk after next set lol

Comment

yer a was guna spend around 120 a corner and the t1-r's come in that catergory

av swapped front to bk for now lol may aswell hay?

iirc Camskill - those tyres are alot cheaper than that especially vredesteins & Toyos. The SP Maxxs last time I looked for 18's were only £105 per tyre

If I was you and you have a RARB, I would NOT rotate the 3mm tyres to the rears, putting the 6mm tyres on the front
                      sigpic

Comment

i have toyo's on the front at the mo, they are great, much better than the conti's the car came with.
                        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I am running Toyo T1-R's on mine too, I ran the Sport-Maxx's beforehand but changed to the T1-R's when I had my LSD fitted. I am happy with them to be honest, good grip in the wet and dry and you get some nice feedback too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                            I am running Toyo T1-R's on mine too, I ran the Sport-Maxx's beforehand but changed to the T1-R's when I had my LSD fitted. I am happy with them to be honest, good grip in the wet and dry and you get some nice feedback too.

Interesting and just the person then to ask this question....

pound for pound then, do you think the SP Maxxs are worth having seeing the cost of the TR1's are so low at the moment (Camskill) ??

How do they both compare in both dry & wet cons ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                              Interesting and just the person then to ask this question....

pound for pound then, do you think the SP Maxxs are worth having seeing the cost of the TR1's are so low at the moment (Camskill) ??

How do they both compare in both dry & wet cons ?
                              To be honest, I wouldn't comment on how they compare as the car didn't have an LSD when I had the SP Maxx's but I found them a good tyre to be honest. They were on the car since new so nearly 22,000miles.

I personally will be going back to either the Sport Maxx's or the Bridgestone RE050's once the Toyo's are done which will be in the next few weeks due to the fact I won't be tracking the car or driving hard during the Winter and the Toyo's are so soft and don't last long atall.

I am on my second set since March, Did 6,000 miles on the first set and this set have done 3,000 miles so far and have around 4.5mm left but they will be done after my track sessions at Castle Combe next Saturday and Silverstone at VXRPowerFestival.

Comment

Working...
                              X