• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo Review

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...on_review.html

embarrassing to read really

Comment

Now We Wait.......

We wait to see what the new VXR will have to offer!

I now predict it'll have 250bhp. VX will then release a special edition version with 300bhp!

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
        Now We Wait.......

We wait to see what the new VXR will have to offer!

I now predict it'll have 250bhp. VX will then release a special edition version with 300bhp!
        Nah the guys in the "know" have already stated it's going to be RS power levels from the off

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
          Nah the guys in the "know" have already stated it's going to be RS power levels from the off
          Gotta be if it has any chance of contending with the newer hot hatches on the market

Comment

As nice as it looks, the price is a bit laughable really considering it's bang up against the Megane 250 at that price. And what do you get over a standard VXR????

As for the new VXR, that will be interesting and I can well believe it will have 300bhp. Just 21bhp shy of the Insignia, so similar the Astra and Vec when they were first launched..

Comment

Originally posted by 270 Horses, 1 Jockey! View Post
              As nice as it looks, the price is a bit laughable really considering it's bang up against the Megane 250 at that price. And what do you get over a standard VXR????

As for the new VXR, that will be interesting and I can well believe it will have 300bhp. Just 21bhp shy of the Insignia, so similar the Astra and Vec when they were first launched..
              Astons are doing them for £17997 iirc - so the RRP might not be good but the actual price is still good

Astra

Comment

I'm holding off till I see the new vxr, I think it will be he reported 300bhp also 4wd
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                  I'm holding off till I see the new vxr, I think it will be he reported 300bhp also 4wd
                  Where have you been - it's 100% not 4wd, that's a fact from the horses mouth already

Astra

Comment

Forgot they mentioned that lol, better be rear wheel drive then lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Wonder if it will be fully forged like the vec then, tuning would be cheaper that way
                      sigpic

Comment

Nothing vauxhall will bring out next yr or when ever its meant to be out will be as good as its rivals, they were the big boys when they made the vxr range but its old and as said in the read there are much better cars out there now, vx have nothing new to bring to the table, its a shame really

Comment

Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                          Nothing vauxhall will bring out next yr or when ever its meant to be out will be as good as its rivals, they were the big boys when they made the vxr range but its old and as said in the read there are much better cars out there now, vx have nothing new to bring to the table, its a shame really

Pictures of the concept new 3 door out before September. And it'll have an engine worthy of the VXR name....if you look on the net you'll find it in a car already, though that car is only on the track.

Are there better cars out there , well of course there are now , but when our new car arrives it'll go to the top of the pile in a more refined way than the old car ever did. Its called a vehicle lifecycle and the current Astra is at its end , I'll wager the new VXR vs the new ST will be an interesting battle.

Stu

Comment

stu,

when is the new vxr due out then?

thanks

Comment

That review is as expected, all they're doing is reviewing a car they've driven before but that's now older than it's rivals. Aside from the white paint and black bits that I don't think enhance the look of the car in any way. It's the same car it's always been.

Comment

Working...
                              X