Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remus cat how many have been changed on the burg

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Remus cat how many have been changed on the burg

    Ok so im getting the 42011 code again but it does clear to oooooo straight away,but now the emmissions light is on all the time.I have had the code before an it has always cleared itself but ive never had the light come on.Now have vxl/remus been replacing these under warrenty.Its seems there has been alot of cases with this cat on the burg.

    So whats the crack now vxl have clearly put on an exhaust that isnt up too the job of lasting very long,as much as i love the remus i dont want to be spending a grand every two years replacing.

    A reply from a vxl tech or someone from vxl would be good.Have they ever had anyone apart from the members that know pretty much anything i mean someone directly from vxl that could sort this.
    Last edited by tin545; 31 July 2010, 12:34 PM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Ok ive been looking through some threads an it seems the cat has been tested to 60k miles so should be up too the job.Ive also seen another thread on the emissions light an some are suggesting a misfire might of caused this light or that the code which has now cleared might of put it on.

    Im having no performance issued an the remus sounds fine.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Mine was fitted by the VXR Performance Centre and guy told me to take it easy from cold, for about 8 minutes, or I could get a fault code. May be worth giving them a call.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bryg View Post
        Mine was fitted by the VXR Performance Centre and guy told me to take it easy from cold, for about 8 minutes, or I could get a fault code. May be worth giving them a call.

        You won't be able to phone the VXRPC up - they are no more, came to an end when the Touring Cars was announced

        Astra

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bryg View Post
          Mine was fitted by the VXR Performance Centre and guy told me to take it easy from cold, for about 8 minutes, or I could get a fault code. May be worth giving them a call.
          Im over in n.ireland an we dont have a proper vxrperformance centre,i do let the car warm up an down so its looked after in the right way.Its probaly just went over the emissions level at some stage,i havnt washed the car in a while as the weather very bad an tbh it dosnt get drove that much at the minute.I was wondering if alot of carbon build up around the exhaust cause this.Thx mate
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IanJ View Post
            You won't be able to phone the VXRPC up - they are no more, came to an end when the Touring Cars was announced
            Hey ian hows things

            .As you can see ive got a small prob.Cars going fine no performance issues,everything running well,so im not to worried but would like fixed an if i thought i could get a new cat before my warrenty runs out in circa 8/9 motnths then id gladly accept
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              hi m8 i have this code up on mine at the moment the other week the light came on but i disconnected the battery and then reconnected it and the light was out and has not came back on . i have not noticed any diffrence in peformance but will be putting mine in to get fixed when i am getting my service done

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
                hi m8 i have this code up on mine at the moment the other week the light came on but i disconnected the battery and then reconnected it and the light was out and has not came back on . i have not noticed any diffrence in peformance but will be putting mine in to get fixed when i am getting my service done
                Oh sounds like a plan mate,i had mine serviced recently an if anything after the oil change its sounding alot better if anything.Ill give this ago in the morning cheers.I know the burg is border line emissions but wouldnt like to be out the money after my warrenty goes
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  this code thing is doing my t*ts in everyone seems to be having this problem lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
                    this code thing is doing my t*ts in everyone seems to be having this problem lol
                    Ive had it 4 times now but everytime ive checked it falshes back to 00000 so i think that means its been logged but has cleared.Which i presume is nothing serious
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There is a new 300 cell CAT now available from Remus - I think 2 guys off the forum have had this fitted as a cure for the code/light coming on

                      Hey Tin - we need another Premiership 2010/11 Thread in a week or so

                      Astra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        mines does the exact same thing gives me the code then flashes back to 00000

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                          There is a new 300 cell CAT now available from Remus - I think 2 guys off the forum have had this fitted as a cure for the code/light coming on

                          Hey Tin - we need another Premiership 2010/11 Thread in a week or so
                          Ive seen something about that,i think ill have to look into this with the warrenty an that running out nxt may.

                          Are you sure you want another premier league thread after last seasonThings are looking up for yous i think roy hodsgon is a good manager an deserves a chance at a big club.All he needs to do is finish top 4 an fans will be happy after last years poor effort.Ill try an get on more often an get another one started up
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X