X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percy CDTI FITTED with pic's

Right last night i fittedmy air box

Its a Percy air box with black pipes

As some of you may know i follwed the instructions to the letter or so i thought lol, i connected (soldered) the black wire to the black and white wire thus leaving the engine managment light on FAIL

anyway re fixed this moring but that has come with is own problems as i soldered the wires i had to re cut the already to short wires ! thus leaving the wires that come out of plug for the air flow metre very short. Meaning i cound not fit the plastic sleeve provided so i have wrapped the wiresin black insulation tape all the way along looks surprisingly tidy to be fair .

Will be looking for a breaker though so i can get a new plug and re join the wires properlly

a few pics of the air box , Note this one also has a k and n high flow panel filter in

what i took off

then on

Comments welcome .

thanks

Arron
    Last edited by A2ON; 31 July 2010, 03:30 PM.

nice work.

add this to your other thread for continuity

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
      nice work.

add this to your other thread for continuity
      will do mate just wanted some opinions on the slight bodge with the wiring lol

Comment

Looking good arron dude I did mine in the rain at work and that didn't turn out tooo well either with an extension lead trawlin accross the carpark for the soldering iron and hot air gun

Your hose seems to have quite a buldge in it compared tom mine?? Where the hard pipe goes tithe turbo pipe. Maybe pushed it in to far?

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
          Looking good arron dude I did mine in the rain at work and that didn't turn out tooo well either with an extension lead trawlin accross the carpark for the soldering iron and hot air gun

Your hose seems to have quite a buldge in it compared tom mine?? Where the hard pipe goes tithe turbo pipe. Maybe pushed it in to far?
          Thats weirred you should say that as thats what i though i just pushed it up to the weld ! in Retrospect i gues that is to far but everything seems to be lined up ok i know the hose in question was a right barsteward to get on !

Comment

If your happy with it dude

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
              If your happy with it dude
              well the short drive i did to be honest with you i could not feel an diffrence ?? i know they dont add much bhp 3-5 but i was expecting something for me money lol does make a cool noise though

what were your views once fitted

Comment

Looks good mate, just needs a little tidying up if i'm honest..
                Put all the clips facing the same way, and get some pvc tubing to cover the wires so it looks oe

Comment

I felt It was alot more responsive! And the sound is a bonus

Comment

will have a tidy up now but as i9 have said above i cant get tubing to fit now so will have to wait for a breaker so i can get a new plug and rejoin wires

Comment

any parts gurus on here know the part number and price for the maf plug and loom ?? thanks

Comment

All tidys the best i can also altered the bulging hose

thanks for your honesty mate glad you told me to sort it out lol i think it looks alot better now ?

Comment

looks spot on mate,

you need some of this to finish it off... can get it in a number of colours.

my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Managed to get the cable trunking on still required a bit of tape due to the sizeof my bird poo solder but i will get a new plug and loom from matt dibs i hope

Comment

looks good mate, that one mod i will defo do when warrant runs out and cash available

Comment

Working...
                              X