This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whinning Noise :s

Iv started to hear a whinning noise from the near side by the sounds of it when im driving along. Im at stage 2 just wonderd has any1 else had this sort of noise???

Itll be you diff bearing most probably mate in your gearbox, theres a few with the same problem. I doubt itl be a warranty job either as you are tuned.

Comment

is it expensive to repair mate uno? and any chance of it ruining the gearbox?

Comment

You can get a 2nd hand gearbox off ebay for about 350 but you never no if there going to be ok. You could get a lsd fitted and new bearings at one of the main tuners between 7-9 hundred. It could last like that untill you come to sell the car. Mines been whining for about 6 month and hasnt got any worse. Its really quiet tho, i have to have the music right down and the windows up. I can hear it the most in 5th and 6th. When you turn right do you get a sort of scraping noise too??

Comment

almost def will be this mate , i had same . in the end i had to get a new box 1300 quid , or as said get a quaife and new bearings
          sigpic
          Custom Turbo Back - oil restrictor - gloss black trims -Quaife LSD - DAPS
          www.regal-auto.co.uk

Comment

open the door and kick her out! nothing worse than a woman in the passenger seat

sigpic

Comment

haha i fink its only when thers a passenger n windows up with music off i can hear it. just went out on my own noise wasnt there. if i got lsd n bearings wheres best place to get it??

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                open the door and kick her out! nothing worse than a woman in the passenger seat
                lmao
                Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
                ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post

Comment

I had 2 have a new gearbox because of this .
                    sigpic

Comment

does fitting an LSD and new bearing sort all of the whining problems wit engine these gearboxes, i know there the biggest issue with the vxr and hear alot about this whining noise been related to the gearbox bearings just didnt know it was the diff bearings, is it??

sorry for my lack of knowlage

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
                        does fitting an LSD and new bearing sort all of the whining problems wit engine these gearboxes, i know there the biggest issue with the vxr and hear alot about this whining noise been related to the gearbox bearings just didnt know it was the diff bearings, is it??

sorry for my lack of knowlage
                        Yes i would like to find the answer to this also ,as my gear box is whining i dont want to fit a new diff and bearings and then find that it is still whining and have to take it back out and get it reconditioned

Comment

Fitting an LSD will fix it if its diff bearings (which is all gears)

However it wont fix it if your gearbox is whining in 5th and 6th only which is also common.

My mates box let go and he had it rebuilt for about £700

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                          X