This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am a being paranoid guys

cos am sad lol i listen to enigne tick over see if i hear anything diff and when i put my ear to cambelt cover i heard like a noise can u hear tensioners spinning or sumthing when tickover?

sorry if its a really dum question

if your sad im as sad as you mate i do the same

not herd that one tho ill have a listen later

Comment

i`de say paraniod .

think reading about some problems that others on here have had it makes you listen out for noises which are normal

Comment

thanx all lol least am not the only sad one lol i like my car to be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
          i`de say paraniod .

think reading about some problems that others on here have had it makes you listen out for noises which are normal
          Couldn't agree more. That's the thing with these sorts of sites, because people normally only post when they have an issue, so we all then expect to get the same issues and listen/look out for them.

Comment

isnt the cambelt iterval on these like 60k >?

Comment

I used to hear allsorts and worry. My view now is, unless your car definatley feels down on power, or is making big nasty noises, don't worry about it. Otherwise you'll stop enjoying the driving and just be listening for things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Jk View Post
                I used to hear allsorts and worry. My view now is, unless your car definatley feels down on power, or is making big nasty noises, don't worry about it. Otherwise you'll stop enjoying the driving and just be listening for things.

lol guess ur right a just dont want owt to break lol...

but i guess i have never put my ear to cambelt cover before lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                  lol guess ur right a just dont want owt to break lol...

but i guess i have never put my ear to cambelt cover before lol
                  you will be ok jase mate ...just as long you dont stick your tounge in there
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                    you will be ok jase mate ...just as long you dont stick your tounge in there
                    lmao no chance of that lol..

Comment

did my cambelt at 32000 miles and 4 years and the bearings where going they would have not lasted another 4 years the belt would but the bearing wouldnt
                      STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
                        did my cambelt at 32000 miles and 4 years and the bearings where going they would have not lasted another 4 years the belt would but the bearing wouldnt
                        I did mine at 49k .. Also I listened to damos car and he has same noise so am being paranoid lol

Comment

Working...
                        X