X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion resonated needs Stage 2 map ? EDS

Hello !!

I have an Scorpion 3" turbo back "resonated" on the way Yes..resonated may be pants but don't need much noise..just better tone.

So, it has two resonating boxes not only one, this is a more restrictive exhaust than a "non resonated".

Can I still load the Stage 2 Map from EDS ? No problem of possible excesive backpressure running Stage 2 Map with a "resonated" turbo back because its second box and 200 cel cat ?

I'll apreciate your always great comments.

Marc

its still a turbo back so yeh u can load stage 2 on

Comment

Nice to hear of someone fitting a resonated system.
      I intend doing the same lol
      Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

mine is resonated and ill be going stage 2, ian at midpoint advised me this is fine so no probs mate go for it

Comment

To be honest I doubt there is much (if any) of a difference in power on the same car with a resonated or non resonated exhaust.

The biggest difference is how much it will annoy everyone else who lives around you.
          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

^^^ ha

Comment

When i get my piper from courts as part of stage 2 /3 im going full resanated .

Comment

EDS replied me I don't need to load a new map after the new exhaust is fitted. I'm running Stage 1 with 70mm decat now.
                Their message :
                Hi !
                Leave the map as it is and you will gain extra power for free !
                When you install a bigger turbo or a big intercooler or our high flow intake manifold , then you should choose the right software for that application !

Mit freundlichen Grüكen

EDS Fahrzeugtechnik GmbH
                Zechenstr.19
                45772 Marl

So, if you are using EDS but install a turbo back, there is no need to load a new map.

FD

Comment

nothing like mapping the car to suit the mods you have got mate i got 271 bhp and 270lbft with scorpion system

Comment

Originally posted by jada07515 View Post
                    nothing like mapping the car to suit the mods you have got mate i got 271 bhp and 270lbft with scorpion system
                    So why EDS say stage 1 map is enough ?

FD

Comment

Originally posted by FreshDriver View Post
                      So why EDS say stage 1 map is enough ?

FD
                      no it int, coz that wud mean ul get about 260 bhp which is aloud of tosh.. you want stage 2..

no matter what you have a turbo back system you have one decat and a sports cat simples..

get stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                        no it int, coz that wud mean ul get about 260 bhp which is aloud of tosh.. you want stage 2..

no matter what you have a turbo back system you have one decat and a sports cat simples..

get stage 2
                        yip.... smoothes it out too. best off with software to suit the mods. but if you cant afford it stage 1 will run ok on it

Comment

Originally posted by FreshDriver View Post
                          Hello !!

I have an Scorpion 3" turbo back "resonated" on the way Yes..resonated may be pants but don't need much noise..just better tone.

So, it has two resonating boxes not only one, this is a more restrictive exhaust than a "non resonated".

Can I still load the Stage 2 Map from EDS ? No problem of possible excesive backpressure running Stage 2 Map with a "resonated" turbo back because its second box and 200 cel cat ?

I'll apreciate your always great comments.

Marc

The bigger the bore the less the back pressure, so with a 3" Scorpion exhaust with or without silencers, the back pressure will be dramatically lower than the stock exhaust NOT higher, hence the reason your turbo seals in this kind of situation are under far more stress than when the car was standard !
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                            The bigger the bore the less the back pressure, so with a 3" Scorpion exhaust with or without silencers, the back pressure will be dramatically lower than the stock exhaust NOT higher, hence the reason your turbo seals in this kind of situation are under far more stress than when the car was standard !
                            my question was in case after loading a stage 2 map where the turbo pressure goes higher suitable for a more free flowing exhaust like stage 2, in my case the exhaust would be a little bit more restricted than a generic stage 2 exhsuat because second box.

I already have the oil restrictor anyway..Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                              yip.... smoothes it out too. best off with software to suit the mods. but if you cant afford it stage 1 will run ok on it
                              Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post

get stage 2
                              Is really strange why you guys say it needs stage 2 map but EDS say is not needed.
                              Look here the latest maps from EDS.

The red one is my currently loaded map, EDS suggested to keep this map with the turbo back exhaust.
                              I don't see any stage 2 map for turbo back exhaust setup.

Thanks!

Marc
                              Last edited by FreshDriver; 2 August 2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X