X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucking noise

Hi Guys,

I'm getting a sucking noise when I accelerate. I've checked all the turbo hoses and they are all in place.

When I put my foot on the accelerator the sucking noise starts, when I take my foot off the accelerator there is a noise that sounds a bit like a dump valve (I don't have a dump valve)!

Does anyone know what it could be?

Not to sure but there is a hose at the back of the engine bay that seems to come off regularly, always seems to be discribed as a turkey noise it is right at the back behind the engine as far as I can remember. HTH
    Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
      Not to sure but there is a hose at the back of the engine bay that seems to come off regularly, always seems to be discribed as a turkey noise it is right at the back behind the engine as far as I can remember. HTH
      probably that or the plastic hose bit between your airbox and intake scoop might have come off maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
        I would aree with this. Its called the vacume hose and does sometimes come off. If you look right at the back of the engine in the middle you'll just be able to see a black box with 2 pipes going into it, if theres a loose ppipe hanging around thats what it will be. The easiest place to see it from is from under the car. Either pop it back as is or use a bit of superglue

Comment

To me he just sounds like he is describing turbo whistle and woosh due to being on the noise pedal. Lol

Comment

I get this after I put on my pipercross filter, just more induction noise if you ask me. But no harm in looking down the back of the engine and seeing if the vacuum pipe has popped off

James

sigpic
            MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Originally posted by VXRT View Post
              To me he just sounds like he is describing turbo whistle and woosh due to being on the noise pedal. Lol
              very much agree. i get the same noise i think your tryin to describe. Nothin to worry about.

Comment

Working...
              X