Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATB LSD instead of full system and fmic???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATB LSD instead of full system and fmic???

hey all. Am now questioning whether to not go for the full turbo back exhaust and fmic, and instead get me an ATB LSD fitted. I reckon this will get a lot more out of my remapped engine, rather than giving it loads more power it won't properly be able to put down. What do you all think? right move, or not? Anyone who has one fitted i'd appreciate some feedback on the LSD.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

If you are happy with the power you have and you just want to get the most from it an LSD is possibly the best mod to do it.

On the other hand, you could have a nice sounding exhaust and more power, cooler inlet temps as the factory intercooler does not look upto the job compared to a aftermarket one.

I have stage3 with no lsd (yet) and have no issues putting power down in the dry (bit of torque steer livings things up anyways )

all depends on your budget too
    Last edited by Dan_vxR; 2 August 2010, 03:05 AM.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Yeah budget. can only really afford one thing at a time, when its priced at like 600 quid plus. thats why i'm giving it loads of thought.

Comment

same here, i just get my parts as and when i can and store them so when the time comes for fitting i can have loads of fun.

I went from stage0 straight to stage3.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
          same here, i just get my parts as and when i can and store them so when the time comes for fitting i can have loads of fun.

I went from stage0 straight to stage3.
          ha, i got a courtenay high flow panel filter i aint fitted yet and a set of iridium plugs. I'm kinda the same.

Comment

I have 320bhp more or less and still run an open diff. The ATB is superb, I know a few people with them, but they won't give you magic traction with a big torque remap!

The one thing that put me off the ATB route up to now is the number of people who have them and have broken their gearbox. With the open diff, too much throttle spins the tyres, with the ATB the torque is transmitted to the grippy wheel, but this means the torque still has some strain in the drivetrain and this is where the 'box gives up.

I have a paddle clutch and my train of thought is that is cheaper to replace tyres than get a gearbox rebuild if I have a daft moment.

Comment

the LSD will help you put the power down if you still spin wheels you need to change the way you drive
              we have had lots of fast cars
              rs6
              m5
              you need to change the way you drive from car to car a bit thats all
              dont gets lots of wheel spin with 310bhp in my zaffy
              the truth is out there
              part GSI part VXR
              tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

i don't get masses of wheelspin, just thought the lsd will give me better acceleration from standing start and out of the corners. Not sure if it would though. Anyone??

Comment

Working...
                X