This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stage 2 question

going stage 2 shortly was wondering was the oil restricter bolt a must and the cdti box to keep temps down is there anything else i need to have to keep her safe , am a fairly calm driver will i have any reliabilty issues thanx.
    305 bhp 310 pound of t / courtney tophat / courtney powerpipe/ courtney intercooler/ courtney cdti / forge recic valve / oil restricter bolt / ai unichip / k sport 8 pods /quaffie lsd /eibacs prokit/whiteline rarb / alpine head unit ,amp, /courts accuator /anchirite 19,s

Oil restrictor bolt is a great mod you could also go for a cool running thermostat and iridium plugs too. the cdti is more for response than keeping temps down tbh. Look after it and it will be fine ie.... Warm up and cool down as with any turbo car..
    Last edited by vxr.paul; 2 August 2010, 05:50 PM.
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
      Oil restrictor bolt is a great mod you could also go for a cool running thermostat and iridium plugs too. the cdti is more for response than keeping temps down tbh. Look after it and it will be fine ie.... Warm up and cool down as with any turbo car..
      Good advice

Comment

the oil restrictor bolt and CDTI setup wont keep your temps down like Lawro said mate. Oil bolt is a good mod to have but i would sooner spend the money on a cool running stat and use the remainder for better mods like RARB.

its been proven on here that the CDTI makes very little if any difference

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Paul give me a shout if you want to chat any of this through.

Oil restrictor is a mod to protect the seals in the turbo by reducing the oil pressure feed to the turbo.

A recirc valve is a good mod as the standard valve tends to split when boost pressures rise.
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
            Paul give me a shout if you want to chat any of this through.

Oil restrictor is a mod to protect the seals in the turbo by reducing the oil pressure feed to the turbo.

A recirc valve is a good mod as the standard valve tends to split when boost pressures rise.
            Lol.. I know about the restrictor bolt, I read the first part as 2 questions the bolt is a must and the cdti to keep temps down...
            Last edited by vxr.paul; 2 August 2010, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
              Lol.. I know about the restrictor bolt, I read the first part as 2 questions the bolt is a must and the cdti to keep temps down...
              Sorry Paul, pjb_vxr is called Paul too
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                Sorry Paul, pjb_vxr is called Paul too
                Oooops sorry mate...

Comment

Working...
                X