This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler anyone fitted this one?

Just a quick question as some intercoolers are a pain to fit am wondering wether these are straight forward or not? i would like regals one but just cant justify spending £900 on a piece of metal really. many thanks
    http://www.txautosport.co.uk/vauxhal...phat-201-p.asp

tuning is so expensive GRRRR

Originally posted by matty smt View Post
    Just a quick question as some intercoolers are a pain to fit am wondering wether these are straight forward or not? i would like regals one but just cant justify spending £900 on a piece of metal really. many thanks
    i have been thumb twiddling on this very same subject . I personally would buy a new one , obviously shop about . But if you were going to spend that much doe on an intercooler and hoses etc . Then maybe go to a tuner ?

i was going to spend money on stage 3 , but have decided to save a big buck and im going for a bluefin , used hoses , panel filter and iridium plugs
    Last edited by VXRTIMMY; 3 August 2010, 10:42 PM. Reason: text adjustment

Comment

i rang them last week about that and the guy i spoke to was very sound and said they are quite easy to fit and could even be done on your driveway, but it is front bumper off and if your like me and not to good with a spanner then maybe worth getting a price fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRTIMMY View Post
        i have been thumb twiddling on this very same subject . I personally would buy a new one , obviously shop about . But if you were going to spend that much doe on an intercooler and hoses etc . Then maybe go to a tuner ?

i was going to spend money on stage 3 , but have decided to save a big buck and im going for a bluefin , used hoses , panel filter and iridium plugs

thanks for the interest bud but i'm already S2 with IPFunit vxracing hoses itg and want to go S3 as cheaply as possible but want it to be easy to revert back to standard. thanks

Comment

yes me and damo fitted his very easy

Comment

Originally posted by matty smt View Post
            I've got one and got it fitted in a morning. Yep the bumper has to come off but its the same with them all.
            I got the full kit, exactly the same as in the link for £330 2nd hand. Bargain i reckon because they work! And thats what you want

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
              I've got one and got it fitted in a morning. Yep the bumper has to come off but its the same with them all.
              I got the full kit, exactly the same as in the link for £330 2nd hand. Bargain i reckon because they work! And thats what you want
              You keeping it mate, when you go with the eds software mate?

Would be nice to see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                i rang them last week about that and the guy i spoke to was very sound and said they are quite easy to fit and could even be done on your driveway, but it is front bumper off and if your like me and not to good with a spanner then maybe worth getting a price fitted.
                Oh ok thanks yeh i'm very hands on in my job so this may be a go for me

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                yes me and damo fitted his very easy
                Nice on thanks for that.

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                Really lucky you is very tempting because of the price thanks mate

Comment

Ask JBI which supplier TXAutosport use for their cores, this will be a good indication to the quality.

It also depends how much testing TXAutosport did with the cooler and if they took into account how the front mount affected the airflow into the engine bay etc.

There are loads of different variables but folks do seem to be getting good results so they must be up to the job. I would like to see some solid testing figures though before buying one.
                  | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

There are several people on the forum that have similiar coolers. I wouldnt know how to fit one myself but it can be done at home. Personally i wouldnt spend £500 on that cooler as at the end of the day is a small lower mounted cooler, for £750 i'd go for the black/stealth Courts cooler which is full sized

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      There are several people on the forum that have similiar coolers. I wouldnt know how to fit one myself but it can be done at home. Personally i wouldnt spend £500 on that cooler as at the end of the day is a small lower mounted cooler, for £750 i'd go for the black/stealth Courts cooler which is full sized
                      The JBI one is a simpler design to be honest and is much deeper than the courts cooler. My honest opinion is that TXAutosport simply picked a generic cooler that filled as much of the gap behind the bumper as possible and made it as deep as possible.

I do like the look of the courts cooler though.
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

tbh for the money and if its a job you can do yourself id say 100% go for it, there is enough people who have these and know they work, just dont look as nice as the forge cooler imo but for the money i would be more than happy,

every time i log in here i add another item to my shopping list. ha

Comment

have a look here
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=jigger
                          ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

spot on for the link jigger, thanks guys big help

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                              You keeping it mate, when you go with the eds software mate?

Would be nice to see the results.
                              Yeah im going to keep it on. I defo noticed a difference with the DS software, and was very happy with it. So cant see it being any different with EDS.
                              That is if Ian will be kind enough to RR it after the work! Coz i aint paying £60 for it

As for how it looks...i dont care one bit. Its hidden behind the bumper. Im happy with how it performs not if the colour matches my engine
                              Last edited by Dab vxr; 4 August 2010, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X