• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whos running total decat??

both cats removed and do u have any problems thanx

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
    both cats removed and do u have any problems thanx
    im not but i was told by cobra in shef they offer bolt in bolt out system, they said it works fine but brings eml light on till you get the map tweeked,,

you tube videos from cobra with a astra full decat
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
      im not but i was told by cobra in shef they offer bolt in bolt out system, they said it works fine but brings eml light on till you get the map tweeked,,

you tube videos from cobra with a astra full decat
      hi mate, am stage 2 courts tunned already so paremeteres av been widened....ad rather just have the complete decat rather than bolt in bolt out like

Comment

hi mate, am stage 2 courts tunned already so paremeteres av been widened....ad rather just have the complete decat rather than bolt in bolt out like
        only prob with that mate is MOTs

my mate did it on his WRX and it failed, so he had to bolt one in for a day once a year! Lol
        12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

Originally posted by DanEds View Post
          only prob with that mate is MOTs

my mate did it on his WRX and it failed, so he had to bolt one in for a day once a year! Lol
          yer no what ur saying mate, am sure i can sort it lol.....ps get ur daps fitted

Comment

I believe the parameters are narrowed i.e. the second sensor is allowed to report a reading much closer to the first sensor.

With a decat the second sensor will essentially have the same reading as the first.
            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

I was running full de-cat for about 8 months with out a problem, had a EDS De-cat map

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                I believe the parameters are narrowed i.e. the second sensor is allowed to report a reading much closer to the first sensor.

With a decat the second sensor will essentially have the same reading as the first.
                so what u saying buddy?

Comment

Also look out for roadside emissions tests!!
                  Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                  Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

so what u saying buddy?
                    Basically what I am saying is CS will allow the secondary sensor to report back the same reading as the first as with no cat they will report the same reading.

The 1st sensor is used to control the fuelling in closed loop so CS may even do away with the second sensor. If using the likes of a unichip you could peg the second sensor to report back the same reading no matter what and keep the ecu happy.

Best talk to CS before removing but it should be fine

Comment

oh rite so ur saying that my light may come on....

spoke with them today about it and they sed it shud be fine like....

Comment

oh rite so ur saying that my light may come on....

spoke with them today about it and they sed it shud be fine like....
                        They must simply ignore the output from the second sensor altogether then or program it to return a value which won't bring on the light.

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                          They must simply ignore the output from the second sensor altogether then or program it to return a value which won't bring on the light.
                          am not to technical on it mate lol. they just sed the perimeters wud be widendend enouhg if not they will sort it for me

Comment

my brother ran a zlet with no cats for a while it ran fine just brought up the light but cs will sort yours as you say, it was damn noisy though!
                            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

if you was to decat a scorpion exhaust that may hit the nail on the head for perfect sounding system too. (decat a piper and i think the police may want to have words with you for noise pollution lol)

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Working...
                              X