This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra vxr 22000 miles flat spot.

hi guys when im driving my astra vxr and i put my foot down i sometimes get a flat spot. feels as if the traction control is kicking in but its not. what could this be. the car runs fine when im driving normal but when its ticking over the rev counter needle slightly moves up and down. i have recently put a stage one map on from regal and its give it more power and now i find that flat spot more noticeable. just to say tho it doesnt allways do it. and sometimes i can get around it by slowley accerating inside of just planting my foot. if anybody can help id be great full as ive only had the car a week.

Have you tried turning the traction control off and goin for the same drive just to rule it out?? Is your exhaust blowing from the manifold anywhere because my flat spot was alot more noticable when my manifold bolts had come loose fo some reason!
    Hth

Comment

have tryed it with traction control off too but its slightly the same. ill have a look at the manifold but it doesnt seem to be blowing. could it be anything else. i ahve no warning lights

Comment

did you get it mapped at regal? if so post up the rr and others may be able to help the flat spot
        Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

ur spark plugs may be ready for a change fella

Comment

ok what plugs would you recomend

Comment

Originally posted by Bigjoe8707 View Post
              ok what plugs would you recomend
              ive got ngk iridiums...from courtney sport covered 4k no problems

or oe ones are fine mate..

check the plugs first mate as this may cause this. the remap shud smooth things out

Comment

Mine was exactly the same, took it 2 vauxhall, and they put a new mass air flow meter on it then it was fine

Comment

Map it and that will get rid of it, is it in 3rd and 4th? or going from one to the other when giving it some?

Go for OE plugs mate they are perfect for the job!

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                    Map it and that will get rid of it, is it in 3rd and 4th? or going from one to the other when giving it some?

Go for OE plugs mate they are perfect for the job!
                    yes and yes agree. me going back to standard plugs, much safer.

Comment

I dont have the flat spot when im driving BUT i DO have the thing where on ticking over the rev needle goes up and down slightly

I was told it was because the car was hot ???

Comment

cant see how that is because my car does it from cold. maybe it normal and other people havent really noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                          yes and yes agree. me going back to standard plugs, much safer.
                          Yip you dont wont the plug dropping a tip because its been regapped to suit.

OE as thats what was designed to suit the engine.

Hope you well mate!

Comment

Any news on the up and down idle needle ? thanks

Comment

They all do it its normal...

Comment

Working...
                              X