This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel Filters....

Just wondering if anyone has replaced there panel filter. The only one i have seen so far is a pipercross one.

replacing the standard oe paperfilter on a regular basis myself
    a few have k&n and what i just heard was that they are running them minus the pannel saturated in the oil minimising the chance of the oil flowing over the amm and blowing it

Comment

Doesn't running them without oil negate the filtering properties ?? i.e you may as well run without an air filter....
      Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

no the actual filters material should still do whats its intended for, you would think the oil would prevent air flow, but then i havent done it myself

Comment

Had courtenay put 1 in on my when i had the stage 2 but havent noticed anything mite have a induction kit later on but people not seem to bothered!Any1 know why?

Comment

in all honesty its not a mod that will make any huge power difference if any really, some say it improves throttle response, induction noise etc etc etc but in saying tht many have stated the standard airbox is adequate enought, i would recommend looking at getting a flexible hose and running it off the oe airbox down to the lower grill

Comment

thanks guys. not sure about an induction kit for myself, but i will be getting a panel filter..

Comment

Avoid induction kits, as they pull in too much hot air, not good put a panel filter in the standard air box.
                Astra Mk4 (G) air mass meters suffered though as yet the VXR unit seems ok

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                  i would recommend looking at getting a flexible hose and running it off the oe airbox down to the lower grill
                  Sorry Aussie not to argue this one but I would NOT recommend this. Not so much a problem if the pipe is not taken into the airbox, but certainely do not take into the box due to pulling in water at low level, (puddles etc).
                  If water getrs sucked in, the AMM may blow as minimum or failing that at worse the engine hydraulic'ing.
                  I always keep away from this.
                  Apologies if I have mis-understood what you are saying.

Comment

Working...
                  X