X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown exhaust? Cracked mani?

Hey guys,

Mentioned previously about a chuffing sound coming out of my backbox. Got a small recording of it. Only happens when its warm. Anything to worry about?

Sorry the link aint stream-able,

http://www.zshare.net/download/79002284c7ea3166/

danny

p.s. its a standard exhaust, no mods at all
    Arden Astra VXR - Mods: Stage 2 EDS 286.3bhp / 357.7lbft, Milltek race LOUD exhaust, Whiteline adjustable RARB, 6000k HIDs, Percy CDTI, Powerpipe + Tophat, Oil restrictor bolt + breather box, Debadged, Arden boot strip, Team HEKO wind deflectors, Private plate

if the blowing sound aint coming from the engine bay it wont be the mani!
    Arden Astra VXR
    Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

wont let me open your poo download lol. is it running rough? miss firing?

Comment

if that coming out the rear of the exhaust and not the manifold. dont quote me on it but sounds like one the silencers fell to bits in side. the overal sound louder??

Comment

use winamp to listen.. it got full mot'd before I bought it a couple of weeks ago so i'd of thought they would of picked up on a knackered silencer? the exhaust note has gone louder tho.. and yeah that is the sound from rear :/
          Arden Astra VXR - Mods: Stage 2 EDS 286.3bhp / 357.7lbft, Milltek race LOUD exhaust, Whiteline adjustable RARB, 6000k HIDs, Percy CDTI, Powerpipe + Tophat, Oil restrictor bolt + breather box, Debadged, Arden boot strip, Team HEKO wind deflectors, Private plate

Comment

did listen to it sounds like silencer fell to bits. like said dont quote me tho as cant tell from here. are you good with car or got any mates that could have a look. as just looking at the exhaust it can be fine just inside. where you buy it from?

they wouldnt said anything on the MOT as long as the emmissions are ok and exhaust isnt blowing it will pass. unless of course you got a rally exhaust then they fail it. they only hold the revs at like 3k to do the test.

Comment

Working...
            X