This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i ..

i have the new xp2 smoothed fog surorunds.. which are matt black plastic..

am wanting them gloss black, if i sprayed them with a gloss black tin spray would they shine up good and wud it run off with the rain etc??

or if i took them in to be sprayed properly how can i get them sprayed so that they never stone chip and luk a mess..

cheers in advance guys

if you spray can them then make sure you had a feww coats of laquer on after. should be o.k. but for the size and cost just bung them in a body shop.

Comment

yea jus use laquer afterwards and they will look alright, but like sed the size of them it aint gunna cost much get it done proper
      sigpic
      Progress Thread
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
      WANTED:
      SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

cheers guys so how much you rekon for them to be done proper?? can they do anything regards protecting from stone chips?? or will havin them gloss black wrapped be better?

Comment

I Painted mine my self with halford's paint

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=99808
          sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

rosco your a star cheers mate youve made my mind up !!

Comment

Prefer them as they are but thats only my opinion, all to our own i suppose.
              Last edited by ms-vxr57; 4 August 2010, 08:13 PM.
              sigpic
              CDTI Air Box, REMUS Exhaust,Regal Stage 2 intercooler, Dbilas cast manifold with Hybrid Dbilas GT28 turbo, Dbilas air intake scoop,EVO-MS Recirc Valve
              Regal / EDS inlet manifold and top hat with thermal gasket,630cc injectors with fuel pressure regulator and uprated high flow fuel pump
              Regal inlet cam with uprated springs and platforms,16 bar mocal oil cooler 360-380bhp

Comment

Originally posted by ms-vxr57 View Post
                Prefer them as they are but thats only my opinion, all to our own i suppose.
                yourz is the reason i bought them mate when we met at the meet at escape

then i asked vxrdean what they were off lol

just with my gloss black bits they look outa place

Comment

I brought some of these and Paulk sprayed them black for me.

Personally i didnt like the look.

With self painting they wernt very smooth, the only wau for a smooth finish is either to put some time into them or have a pro do them. Going to be next to impossible to stop chips unless you got some clear 3m film and wrapped them

Comment

i was gunna paint them my self, but my unc is a painter so e did them free for me lol
                    aswell as the rest of the bits on my car, but i have painted wheels b4 wiv halfords paint and its alright you know jus take ya time let and let it dry etc.
                    sigpic
                    Progress Thread
                    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                    WANTED:
                    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

Working...
                    X