This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping?

Hi I'm looking to go stage 3 and was just wondering what the difference would be between a Eds map from a ipf system or a Courtney remap?

Cheers

Marc

Originally posted by Marc vxr View Post
    Hi I'm looking to go stage 3 and was just wondering what the difference would be between a Eds map from a ipf system or a Courtney remap?

Cheers

Marc

regal ipf hand held mapping tool is not made for your car..so when uploaded it might not be geting the besty out of your car or might not run correct.

courtenay sport remap are alway's done on a r,r to suit your car..they tweek the map to make sure your car is running it's best ..(safe)
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Oh thought they were for the Vxr as some people have them. Also when it comes to selling I would want to put the car back to standard.

Comment

Oh thought they were for the Vxr as some people have them. Also when it comes to selling I would want to put the car back to standard.

sorry must of put it over wrong..the ...regal IPF handheld mapping tool is for our car's(vxr range) just that a hand held mapping tool carnt read fuelig..Aair flow ratio's...and so on ..which is why i said they aint for (your) car in respect as every 1's car is diffrennt..so how can they make a mapping tool that will suit every 1's car..simples they carnt.

courtenay sport..with run your car on a r,r and adjust a map/swith a map/ tweek a map to suit (your) car so it is running i's best and as safe as a remap can be...

and courtenay sport sell a hand held toool to take off your map that is on your car . if at any time you would wish to take it off .

Comment

Would I have to pay for the tool to take the map off my car? What map have you got?

Comment

Would I have to pay for the tool to take the map off my car? What map have you got?

yes the hand held tool is at a extra cost....im not mapping my car till i know the in's and outy's of every thing there is to know oh and after brake upgrade & LSD no point in having all that power if you carnt use it all

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
              sorry must of put it over wrong..the ...regal IPF handheld mapping tool is for our car's(vxr range) just that a hand held mapping tool carnt read fuelig..Aair flow ratio's...and so on ..which is why i said they aint for (your) car in respect as every 1's car is diffrennt..so how can they make a mapping tool that will suit every 1's car..simples they carnt.

courtenay sport..with run your car on a r,r and adjust a map/swith a map/ tweek a map to suit (your) car so it is running i's best and as safe as a remap can be...

and courtenay sport sell a hand held toool to take off your map that is on your car . if at any time you would wish to take it off .
              Generic mapping has its purpose, I have posted the ins and outs of this many times before and am not going to type it out again. Forgot every vauxhall came individually mapped from the factory

My recommendation to the OP is to do a search and all the information will become clear many people have posted their experiences.
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Think the brakes are pretty good as they are so don't think I would pay loads of money just so you can brake a lil later for a corner. And the LSD is good but don't think I would pay 1000 just to go round a corner a bit faster.

Comment

Cheers worky. I've done some read ups but still not decided. Just thought the ipf system would be a good buy as can change map and take the map off as much as you like and I could always get it on the rollers to get it checked out.
                  If the people that have got the ipf system could say what's it's like and what power they have got with it that would be very helpful

Comment

Think the brakes are pretty good as they are so don't think I would pay loads of money just so you can brake a lil later for a corner. And the LSD is good but don't think I would pay 1000 just to go round a corner a bit faster.
                    Having a stage 3 car, you will be surprised how quickly you can get brake fade - changing the pads , discs and braided hoses will help but does not give the same stopping power when replacing them with 4 pots or better.

Have to agree with the LSD, but any mod to get the power down all helps.

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                      Generic mapping has its purpose, I have posted the ins and outs of this many times before and am not going to type it out again. Forgot every vauxhall came individually mapped from the factory

My recommendation to the OP is to do a search and all the information will become clear many people have posted their experiences.

wind your neck in mate..no 1 said every vauxhall was mapped individually all im trying to do is ansewr the OP Q'S as the best of my knowlage..in which is i know dame well a hand held mapping tool aint going to do the same as going to a tuner and get it done (live) it's a fourm mate where people ask Q'S and people ansewr them ...so please tell me ! can a hand held mapping tool ... do the same as a live map? you know and i know what the ansewr to that Q is..and so does the OP

all i try to do is give people a honest ansewer not on any 1 side just think people deserve honesty

kind regards paul

Comment

Cheers worky. I've done some read ups but still not decided. Just thought the ipf system would be a good buy as can change map and take the map off as much as you like and I could always get it on the rollers to get it checked out.
                        If the people that have got the ipf system could say what's it's like and what power they have got with it that would be very helpful
                        The EDS maps supplied with the IPF are supposed to be very good, both MPG and Regal can supply the maps and health check the car and tweak the maps if required in the same fashion as courtenay sport do.

Courtenay sport are an excellent outfit too and custom mapping is best as this removes all tolerances an ecu has learn't it doesn't mean that generic mapping is fundamentally flawed in any way. The whole purpose of the OBDII system is to allow an ecu to adapt to tolerances in an engine and to cope with wear and tear.

A custom mapped car will adapt in time too.

Comment

wind your neck in mate..no 1 said every vauxhall was mapped individually all im trying to do is ansewr the OP Q'S as the best of my knowlage..in which is i know dame well a hand held mapping tool aint going to do the same as going to a tuner and get it done (live) it's a fourm mate where people ask Q'S and people ansewr them ...so please tell me ! can a hand held mapping tool ... do the same as a live map? you know and i know what the ansewr to that Q is..and so does the OP

all i try to do is give people a honest ansewer not on any 1 side just think people deserve honesty

kind regards paul
                          Apologies dude i just read my post and it was a little harsh, custom maps are all well and good but the modern ECU is designed to adapt to tolerances / environmental changes and so even a custom mapped car will adapt away from its base map. Yes it might be closer to the mark from the offset but the generic maps aren't going to be out by a huge % allowing them to not adapt within their pre programmed parameters.

Once again apologies its been a long day.

A live map is a different thing to a custom map but the astras ecu cannot be live mapped.

The problem with a custom map is that it is that a one off and if there is a mistake in it or the mapper has pushed parameters slightly too far in the pursuit of power or tied the map too closely a given set of environment variables it can be more dangerous than a less agressive generic map designed to make power by tapping into areas where huge safety margins exist.
                          Last edited by worky; 4 August 2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                            Apologies dude i just read my post and it was a little harsh, custom maps are all well and good but the modern ECU is designed to adapt to tolerances / environmental changes and so even a custom mapped car will adapt away from its base map. Yes it might be closer to the mark from the offset but the generic maps aren't going to be out by a huge % allowing them to not adapt within their pre programmed parameters.

Once again apologies its been a long day.

A live map is a different thing to a custom map but the astras ecu cannot be live mapped.
                            apologies accepted mate every 1 has a off day

kind regards paul

Comment

apologies accepted mate every 1 has a off day

kind regards paul
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...