This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service due tomorrow

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie hear at VXRO. Just thought i'd take time to start my first thread.
    My cars going in for a service tomorrow to Kerr and Smith in cumnock. I decided to take it there rather than my local VX dealer. Reason for this is that their a TMS performance centre and I thought this would give me a chance to ask about any future mods etc that i'm thinking about. Also when I booked my service they told me that they had a stage 3 Astra that I could have a wee drive in. Cant wait to feel the difference between stock and stage 3, hopefully its massive

sounds like a decent bunch of guys to let you have a shot while yours is in

Comment

Totally agree mate, they even price matched my local dealer for the service.

Comment

Enjoy the drive in the stage 3 car,

Go with your credit cards, as you will want your car modified to stage 3

Comment

Hiya and welcome to online, enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart VXR View Post
            Totally agree mate, they even price matched my local dealer for the service.
            But which one was the cheapest service to start with ?

Coming from standard to stage 3 car, take it easy on the test drive.
            sigpic

Comment

Will do miniman! I called Arnold Clark VX and they quoted me and told me that there service included a break fluid change. I called Kerr and Smith and they Quoted me around £40 more with no break fluid change but they use better oil. Told them that I could get a better deal at Arnolds and they said they would match it and include the break fluid change.
              Cars 2nd service but its only done 5k so not sure if it needs break fluid changed, but no harm getting it changed anyway.
              a friend suggested paying extra and upgrading from dot 4 to 5 as I am thinking about an increase in power soon?? Any suggestions if this is good advise or not?

Comment

True , changing oil and fluids before they are due is a waste of money, but if money is of no concern then.... no problem... change when you feel you want too.

However, is this a first service ? If it is then whoever offered you a break fluid change as part of a first service is not sticking to the laid down guidlines of a dealer first service,and are 'ripping you off'

EDIT : just re- read your thread, still shouldnt need a break fluid change yet ?
                Last edited by miniman; 5 August 2010, 03:54 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

TBH miniman i'm tempted to take my car to a family members independent garage and just get an oil and filter change and get book stamped. My astra just had its second birthday and its only done 5k. Most of the things involved in a second service are just checks and I check everything myself anyway. Just worried about warranty?

Comment

Some say that at two years the brake fluid gets contaminated, cant see how, unless you have had a brake job done and water etc has got in, but to maintain your warrenty, you have to bow down to the rules, as a rule your fluid is ok, but if its warrenty then you have to abide by the manufactures rules.

In reality brake fluid does not become contaminated at 5k miles, but 'they' say it does over time, but surely thats if your car hasnt been moved for the last 12 months, due to workshop repair etc.

Brake fluid will remain servicable as long as it as not met with contamination...

If in doubt... get it changed
                    sigpic

Comment

Going from stock to stage 3 is a massive difference mate. just be careful in it mate . and welcome to the forum pal.

Comment

Just back from Kerr and Smith, nice bunch of guys! Really took time to explain whats involved in the different stages and gave me a few suggestions that would suit what i'm looking for.
                        Couldn't beleive it, they had only went and sold the stage 3 astra!! So no test drive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart VXR View Post
                          Just back from Kerr and Smith, nice bunch of guys! Really took time to explain whats involved in the different stages and gave me a few suggestions that would suit what i'm looking for.
                          Couldn't beleive it, they had only went and sold the stage 3 astra!! So no test drive for me.
                          Bit of a bummer, with them selling the stage 3 Thats what i call a quick sale.

Give them a bell and ask if they have a stage 3 for sale, would be interesting to hear the reply.
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe a good thing mate, probably ended up skint if i had a go!

Comment

Working...
                            X