This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra Vxr Arctic.... Rip Off!!!!

Hi everyone! I can happily say that the new Astra Vxr is a rip off! Firstly, you can buy the burg for roughly 8k less! And the burgs look miles better. One of the downsides to me considerin buyin one is that it jus comes with a stock exhaust, could of put on a Remus or another custom made high performance exhaust system! Whats your opinions??
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

I agree mate, its a burg without the remus and squares so should be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by lukegurung View Post
      Hi everyone! I can happily say that the new Astra Vxr is a rip off! Firstly, you can buy the burg for roughly 8k less! And the burgs look miles better. One of the downsides to me considerin buyin one is that it jus comes with a stock exhaust, could of put on a Remus or another custom made high performance exhaust system! Whats your opinions??
      £8,000 difference?! Where are you getting that from? They are £16k at Aston's and I for one have never seen a burg for sale for £8,000!

Its a bit different comparing the price of a new car to a car that is 2 years old.. Thats like saying me buying a Brand new Arden Astra is a rip off at £16,000 when I san get one two years old for £12,000...

No sense in what you have written mate!

Comment

not worth it.. ad rarther have the burg as they look better with remus and cheqs

Comment

You could buy a burg, take the stickers off and paint the bits black like the arctic costing a couple of hundred quid if you wanted.

It would be the same in any colour, for instance if they made an arden racing and had the bits painted black same as the red racing editions, its pointless imo but thats just my opinion.

Comment

i think the artics look bang on, the roof is pap mind.
            VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
            http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

100% agree with you

Comment

Or you could just order it with the Remus, where's the hassle?
                sigpic

Comment

dont think u can order remus' no more from vauxhall, thought it was just a one off from the burg??

Comment

Well I wouldn't have mentioned it if you couldn't get one they are available iirc from walkinshaw and you can request it as an option
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lukegurung View Post
                      dont think u can order remus' no more from vauxhall, thought it was just a one off from the burg??
                      Not true, you can purchase the remus exhaust via your local vauxhall dealer or one of the turners.

Comment

oh i never knew that! lol

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                          Not true, you can purchase the remus exhaust via your local vauxhall dealer or one of the turners.
                          Correct, cost price 2 years ago was £771 but that was from vxrpc i think.

With regards to the OP.

These are approx 2k cheaper than a new burg was and have 19's as standard and all the bits painted black to save you painting them black and doesnt have silly stickers that peel off and scratch easily.

Id much prefer an arctic to a burg personally.

Comment

don't see what the problem is
                            Vx have to shift stock before the next model so making an 'Arctic edition' makes perfect sense to me.
                            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Agree with you Dave
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X