This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How o remove side stripes

Hi. I want to vinyl wrap my side strips but dont know how to get them off. Are they bonded on or do they use clips etc? or is it a case of wrapping them on the car?

Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by VXRT; 5 August 2010, 02:46 AM.

I would clean and wrap with them on the car as it'll be a ***** to stick them back on
    Arden Astra VXR
    Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
      I would clean and wrap with them on the car as it'll be a ***** to stick them back on
      +1
      more trouble than it`s worth trying to remove them and any good place at wrapping will do a perfect job of it anyway

Comment

Thats cool. I take it they are bonded on then. Lol.

I can vinyl anyway, i done most of my last car so should be pretty easy.

Ill get it done then post pics.

need black wheels to top it off but ill do it bit by bit so i can afford to eat. Lol

Cheers guys.

Comment

would love to get mine off as i love how the burg looks

Comment

^^ Agreed, I might be having a bash at removing them tomorrow ....... hate the blooming things, so much dirt gets stuck under them. The Burgs look sooo much cleaner with them off, nice and smooth

James

sigpic
            MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

You got them off yet. Was it hard? Im worried about the ammount of glue or bond left on the car afterwards. I know its easy to get off with some elbow grease but i helped a friend remove his from a fiesta zetec and some of the glue still hasn't come off 3 weeks later as its more like super glue in some places and im worried ill be stuff with crap all over my car. Lol

Comment

Nope as I slept in till late on Sunday

Normally spraying some AG Tar and Glue remover and leaving it for an hour or so helps alot. Have removed lots of side moulding at work with Jags etc. Its not hard at all TBH. Will just heat em up lightly at a low tempaerature with a heat gun and they should pop off nicely

James

sigpic
                MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Its not that im worried about. I worked in a body shop so know the ins and outs of getting them off and left over reidue but wondered what it was like underneath as alot of cars have some other on suoer glue type stuff underneath that never comes off so may have to put them back on straight after. Thats why i wanted to know if you had done it as if you had you could have told me. Lol

Cheers.

Comment

i vinyled mine on the car last weekend guys, looks much better!

bought the precut strips from broken pencil on here, to be honest they dont fit 100% i tried my best but may buy large sheets of it myself and do it again. ill post a pic

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

woops sorry guys misread this i thought you meant chrome strips beneath the windows haha

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Working...
                      X