• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be a newbie?

Hi All,

i am looking at a 2008 Astra VXR.
    I have a 2006 STI Subaru at present.
    What is the Astra like on performance standard at 2008? Any advice etc.
    Good point, bad points etc.
    Do they use unleaded os supper unleaded only etc?

Cheers!

good performance standard....ive had mine 2 weeks and think there actually pretty good on petrol getting a true 30 mpg, bad point are apparently the standard handling, which again hasnt been an issue for me
    they run on rocket fuel.....seriously they run on standard unleaded but personal choice whether you go for super or not

Comment

Originally posted by plr06 View Post
      good performance standard....ive had mine 2 weeks and think there actually pretty good on petrol getting a true 30 mpg, bad point are apparently the standard handling, which again hasnt been an issue for me
      they run on rocket fuel.....seriously they run on standard unleaded but personal choice whether you go for super or not
      Standard unleaded Tesco 99 momentum or Vpower surely
      sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Welcome mate!

Another Subaru convert!

I went from a WRX to a 2008 Astra VXR and not regreted it!

Amazing performance and mpg in the 30's........my local petrol station seeing a lot less of me! Haha!

On a serious note mate......the vxr is a good car and I love driving it as much as the wrx.....if not more as I don't get sick of having to get petrol no matter where I want to go!

Regards,
        Dan

G
        12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

you notice a big difference with super unleaded plenty of power and easily mapped .
          NOW RUNNING RED GOLF GT TDI 18" fox black gloss alloys and piper cross panel filter

Comment

Originally posted by the_big_1 View Post
            Hi All,

i am looking at a 2008 Astra VXR.
            I have a 2006 STI Subaru at present.
            What is the Astra like on performance standard at 2008? Any advice etc.
            Good point, bad points etc.
            Do they use unleaded os supper unleaded only etc?

Cheers!
            Hi mate,

Just as PLR06 has said, the Subaru probably handles quite well, this is something the Astra isn't great at compared with other cars. A rarb and springs should sort that.
            I am still standard and have been for a year and the performance is great for me although you'll probably find after a few weeks you want more power.
            They run on unleaded although a few test's (TMS is the only one I can think of at the moment) proved that the ran better and gave better performance running super unleaded (99 Ron).

Hope this helps and hope you become a permanent member

H
            sigpic
            Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
            Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
              Standard unleaded Tesco 99 momentum or Vpower surely
              For sure...

welcome to Vxro..
              ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ice VXR View Post
                Hi mate,

Just as PLR06 has said, the Subaru probably handles quite well, this is something the Astra isn't great at compared with other cars. A rarb and springs should sort that.
                I am still standard and have been for a year and the performance is great for me although you'll probably find after a few weeks you want more power.
                They run on unleaded although a few test's (TMS is the only one I can think of at the moment) proved that the ran better and gave better performance running super unleaded (99 Ron).

Hope this helps and hope you become a permanent member

H
                Done 8000 miles in mine on normal unleaded with no probs, due to the amount of miles I do!

So no probs on that topic!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  How about cruise control, things like that, do they have it or is it an option?
                  My STI has never run right since day one, supposed to be 280 bhp, but obviously heavyier, what are the VXR's like in comparison?

Comment

Thanks guys!
                    How about cruise control, things like that, do they have it or is it an option?
                    My STI has never run right since day one, supposed to be 280 bhp, but obviously heavyier, what are the VXR's like in comparison?
                    Retro fitted cruise control to mine mate.....cost me 60 quid, and some members on here can do it for you!

Think I can safely say that the astras tend to run on a higher bhp than quoted by Vauxhall

Comment

How does the cruise control sit, i mean is it steering wheel mounted etc?
                      Is there any diferance in VXR models, i.e with scoobs there is WRX, STI, RA etc?

Comment

How does the cruise control sit, i mean is it steering wheel mounted etc?
                        Is there any diferance in VXR models, i.e with scoobs there is WRX, STI, RA etc?
                        its on the stalk, a new stalk is required but a tech 2 man will fit it for you
                        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

It's on the indicator stalk which you replace to retro fit.

In relation to different models..... None are realy different appart from the Burg which had a Remus exhaust from factory adding bout 15 bhp.

Comment

I am an electrical engineer so fitting the stalk would be easy, is that all that is required?
                            How about sat nave etc?

Comment

Tech 2 is then required to have it programmed in!

As for sat nav..... No idea! I just stick mine on the windscreen lol

Comment

Working...
                              X