X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major service

Hi guys,

Not had my car long now but for my peace of mind I'm going to give it a big service including:-

Cambelt and water pump

Oil and filter

Plugs

Brake fluid

I was wondering about gearbox oil to but have just read it doesn't need doing???

Also what's the best brake fluid to use or am I being thick and brake fluid is brake fluid?

Think I'm going to go with 0-40 fully synthetic as that seems to be the general consensus.

Will I be ok using euro car parts or allparts cambelt and water pump or would you all the the parts from vauxhall?

Cheers for any responses and opinions

Chris

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Anyone?

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

get all the parts from vxl!

we do the cambelt kit / water pump combo for £125 delivered!

Comment

hi Matt

Cheers for that, my mechanic mate can get the parts for like £85.00 quid trade but it will be allparts! thats why im asking the question as im thinking it may be best to keep it VX!

Comment

Chris av just recently dun a major service on mine think it was 49k am now on 51 lol

I did cambelt and water pump . Anti freeze. Had new plugs from courts, oil and filter ( 10/40 fully synthetic I think ) .. I had a courts panel filter. And it runs like
          A dream all genuine vx parts also.

Comment

Cheers mate I'm probly going to go with genuine parts.

Why did you do anti freeze!? You mean coolant?

Did you not do your brake fluid bud?

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
              Cheers mate I'm probly going to go with genuine parts.

Why did you do anti freeze!? You mean coolant?

Did you not do your brake fluid bud?
              yer coolent sorry ..can tell i had beer yesterday whoops lol. no was dun on the service before ar 43k mate

Comment

always best to use GM parts, there is a strong rumour going around that vxl are about to make the manufacturers warranty extend to 5 years!

Comment

Originally posted by mattbibs View Post
                  always best to use GM parts, there is a strong rumour going around that vxl are about to make the manufacturers warranty extend to 5 years!
                  I agree about using genuine parts but surely the warranty will only apply to new cars i.e. new cars purchased from the date the extended warranty is announced.
                  | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

cheers again matt, can you PM your best price for plugs, cambelt and water pump kit and oil filter

im guessing it will be around £20-30 for the plugs and a few quid for oil filter?

what oil does vauxhall recommend, i normally use 10-40w fully synthetic?

Comment

yes new customers only - but there will be a few on here buying new arctic's etc!

Plugs £30.00 delivered
                      Cambelt/WP £125.00
                      Oil filter £3.50

All delivered

Comment

o and also anything else you would recommend changing on a major service guys?

Comment

Working...
                        X