Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nothing has gone to plan for castle combe

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nothing has gone to plan for castle combe

    Well as title says nothing has Gone to plan for my car this week in its prep for the weekend at castle combe.

    Ok some of it was down to me leaving it to the last minute to get my wheels and tires , TD didn't have any 19" wheels for the astra in 1.2 or 1.3 so I thought oh well I ll just put the T888 on my standard rims only to find out they haven t got any in the size I need in the country at the moment as its an odd size for them , like I said really all my fault for leaving it till the week before , unfortunately that me to a tee lol.

    But then after having my AST suspension on order a few weeks ago they confirmed at the beginning of the week that they still haven t got any and wouldn't be able to meet the date I required them by . So as I wanted some sort of full kit on my car for the weekend and seeing as regal had teamed up with KW, I though sod it I'd go for the V3's , unfortunately KW didn t have any kits in the country or anywhere for the astra . Luckily for me they pulled out all the stops and got there crack team in Germany to knock up one set for the astra just for me yesterday , which were then overnighted to KW UK for today and delivery to regal tomorrow for fitting .

    So a big thanks goes out to KW and in return for there hard work my car will be adorning some KW livery if all goes to plan .

    And a big thanks to regal as well for fitting my car in on Friday as it was all ment to be done yesterday but we had no bits to put on it .

    All I can hope for now is that the rest goes to plan
    Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

  • #2
    so will you be fitting some 19" td's in the end?
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

    Comment


    • #3
      hope its sorted for ya mate
      VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
        so will you be fitting some 19" td's in the end?
        Thats the plan , probably the 1.3s in matte black

        Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
        hope its sorted for ya mate
        cheers bud
        Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

        Comment


        • #5
          should look mint.
          VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
          http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

          Comment


          • #6
            you seem to have to much time and money on your hands mate haha

            good luck with it all, im sure the suspension will work very well!

            Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

            Comment


            • #7
              Look forward to seeing it on the Stand on Saturday!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                Look forward to seeing it on the Stand on Saturday!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
                  you seem to have to much time and money on your hands mate haha

                  good luck with it all, im sure the suspension will work very well!
                  lol it helps to own a business that ain t doing to badly at the mo i say spend it while you can

                  should be good fun just hoping the tread thats left on the contis is enough for the day , as i m sure there be needing to be replaced next week
                  Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vxr-mattblacksheep View Post
                    lol it helps to own a business that ain t doing to badly at the mo i say spend it while you can

                    should be good fun just hoping the tread thats left on the contis is enough for the day , as i m sure there be needing to be replaced next week
                    Just look after you left front as that takes a hammering around Castle Combe, it's like driving around a big roundabout
                    sigpic

                    Click Follow Me on Facebook

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      haha i also sort of run my own business, early days but hopefully if i keep working hard will be able to splash the cash!

                      Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Matt, it might not have gone to plan but the silver lining is at least you can make Castle Coombe, with some of the mods you had planned done.

                        Me I cannot even make it and even if I could, the car is nowhere near show condition at the mo, as I am awaiting loads of bits and pieces to be delivered, most of the interior is out and to make matters worse, I discovered this morning I have a flat rear tyre (which has worked out quite convinietly as it is the one wheel that needs a refurb).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nielsen View Post
                          Just look after you left front as that takes a hammering around Castle Combe, it's like driving around a big roundabout
                          cheers bo , , it been a while since the last time i was going round the combe , probably 10 odd years ago in a stripped astra gte with a redtop in it with no window demisters either and it was raining lol fun was an understatement , when all the other cars where going in the opposite way to the way i was facing the crowed loved it to say the least .

                          Originally posted by BasilD View Post
                          Matt, it might not have gone to plan but the silver lining is at least you can make Castle Coombe, with some of the mods you had planned done.

                          Me I cannot even make it and even if I could, the car is nowhere near show condition at the mo, as I am awaiting loads of bits and pieces to be delivered, most of the interior is out and to make matters worse, I discovered this morning I have a flat rear tyre (which has worked out quite convinietly as it is the one wheel that needs a refurb).
                          shame about your car , and yes there are silver lining , what i ve saved this week i can spend next week
                          Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            any pics of it on the KW's?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                              any pics of it on the KW's?
                              Not yet as they don t land at regal till tomorrow morning , fingers crossed . Also forgot to say that regal are doing free fitting and wheel alignment to the first 20 kits that are sold .

                              http://regal-auto.co.uk/blog/
                              Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X