This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumping Options

I want to remove my Re-circ and put a dump valve on.
    But rather than the standard 'Woosh' i would prefer a Flutter?

Can this be acheived? If so how!?

My car is currently running a Thorney Stage 2 and a K&N panel filter. Nothing else has been changed yet.

I'm running a DV26 with the OE re-circ valve think the flutter is from a DV with a different let off. Most people just change the re-circ for a Forge one.
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

is it wise to run both then rather than having one and not the other?

Comment

It's fine run it for over a year no probs. Some people block off the re-circ to make the DV louder.

Comment

you should not be spending and saving for your house

Comment

hmm interesting.
            Do you know of any Dump Valves that can flutter?
            I'm trying to get my own version of a power pipe made up aswell so i can hopefully get a fitment on this too.

Comment

Have a look on eBay, just make sure it's a twin piston type or your car won't run right...

Comment

If you need any help just give me a shout mate as I'm only down the road from ya.

Comment

i used to have a flutter noise on my sri turbo by taking the spring out of the oe dump valve.

not a good idea as its not good for the turbo i dont think, some people ran it for ages like that though!

the fluttering noise i believe is the turbine rapidly changing direction as it dumps which is ok on older turbos like the cossies etc you hear but not these!

shame i dont have a vid as it was a nice noise lol

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by jada07515 View Post
                    you should not be spending and saving for your house
                    Lol i have a standing order set up for my saving (I did say sensible didnt i?)

Comment

good lad

Comment

Found 2 that you may like...

1st one will make a slight flutter

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDV006A

2nd one is Rally style whoosh sounding DV..

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDV004A

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

I work with a young lad that's just got a Vxr and his has turkey noise Flutter which I have traced to his re-circ valve. I told him the diafram has a split/****** and he needs a new one. his reply was it's ment to sound like that it's normal.... pmsl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                            Found 2 that you may like...

1st one will make a slight flutter

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDV006A

2nd one is Rally style whoosh sounding DV..

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDV004A

Nice one Dan..

Comment

The sound your after is wastegate chatter! The best noise in the world IMO the only way to get it is to disconnect the standard recirc valve, but I recon if you put a normal piston dump valve with a strong spring so that with low boost you will get chatter then a ptish when on full boost.

Hope that helps.
                              Astra coupe: z20leh with m32, eds 3.5, remus, dbilas induction and inlet, berg trim, corsa vxr steering wheel and a whole lot more!
                              www.asautocare.co.uk eds retailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X