This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engine!!

If you have seen my other thread you will know my car has been having some problems. I am having a new engine fitted next week and as i have never owned a new car before i dont really know the process of running it in.

I know about not going to too high revs but is there any rules more specefic to VXR engine??

Also somebody else told me that i may have to do an oil change after 500 - 1000 miles??
    sigpic
    Arden Astra VXR/19" Dotz Alloys/Debadged

no need for the oil change i bought a new corsa 4 months ago i have just drove it like any other car no probs as yet

Comment

Originally posted by pebbles8 View Post
      no need for the oil change i bought a new corsa 4 months ago i have just drove it like any other car no probs as yet
      Ok cool, the garage have suggested, although there is no set process, to do 1000 miles without going into high revs. But as i havent had the car for a few weeks now i expect i am going to find this very difficult. Has anyone actually done this?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jridget9 View Post
        If you have seen my other thread you will know my car has been having some problems. I am having a new engine fitted next week and as i have never owned a new car before i dont really know the process of running it in.

I know about not going to too high revs but is there any rules more specefic to VXR engine??

Also somebody else told me that i may have to do an oil change after 500 - 1000 miles??
        Jridget9 you got it sorted then ??
        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
          Jridget9 you got it sorted then ??
          Yeah i think so, they give in agreed to pay see other thread for a bit more info.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah i think so, they give in agreed to pay see other thread for a bit more info.
            Ok mate I'll look for that then
            I'm glad to hear they saw sense in the end lol
            I'm really pleased for you.
            Is it still in Newport ??
            Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
              Ok mate I'll look for that then
              I'm glad to hear they saw sense in the end lol
              I'm really pleased for you.
              Is it still in Newport ??
              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...=100545&page=5

Cheers, its such a weight off my shoulders now i know i dont have to pay!

Well i think they realised they may have to pay so i got a call asking for permission to take the car up to peterlee so they can do their own inspection to see if it does actually need a new engine i guess. Then i got another call later saying they are picking up the car and the new engine is coming friday (today) and they hope to have it back to me on Wednesday. I dont know but i think VX UK may have contributed towards the new engine.
              sigpic

Comment

They reckon modern engines dont need bedding in but i would advise taking it nice and steady for the first 500 miles, then be abit more liberal upto 1,000 miles and after than you'll be fine. For the sake of 1,000 miles its worth playing it on the safe side

Comment

glad its getting sorted
                  2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Ok cool, the garage have suggested, although there is no set process, to do 1000 miles without going into high revs. But as i havent had the car for a few weeks now i expect i am going to find this very difficult. Has anyone actually done this?
                    I own a 10 plate astra vxr and I took it easy for the first 1000 miles just for the sake of nothing going wrong, I would say its worth it imo
                    Debadged, Tinted Windows, Carbon fibre bits, Cobra Exhaust, Rarb, Pro Kit Springs, EDS Tophat, Forge Recirc Valve, Oil restrictor bolt, TXA Intercooler, Pipercross cone, CDTI Hose, KTM Orange Snowflakes - TMS Stage 3 Map 290 BHP and 347 Torque

Comment

for the first 500 miles take it easy
                      then dont go mad for first 1000miles
                      I would do a Oil change as its only £35
                      an they drive how you want
                      the truth is out there
                      part GSI part VXR
                      tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Working...
                      X