X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BasilD
    replied
    Originally posted by vxr-mattblacksheep View Post

Indeed , as the designer of the wavetrac was largely responsible for alot of the quaife LSD cataloge and getting the quaife into a lot of the cars that it fits in world wide and was the biggest importer of quaife's to the USA and still is i believe ,

This put him in good stead to make a better Diff as he knew the quaife inside and out and also knew where and how to improve on it , as he wasnt going to bring out a diff that wasnt going to be better than what was already out there as he had the knowledge and know how
    Was the biggest importer of quaife's in the US they are not the distrubuter at least not for the last couple of years. But the rest sounds about right,.

But if Regal actually charged as much as the Quaife (not including fully fitted here, before anyone says) then it would be a bargin and a no brainer, but at present prices I could have got two quaifes (fitted as well) for the price. And at that point it really is not twice as good as the quaife in day to day use(which someone mentioned earlier). Mind you I did get a significant discount on the Quaife, which I suppose something similar was given to the early adopters of the Wavetrack like so

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
    i paid £550 for mine fitted but it was the 1st one in the uk and pre ordered bargain!

So cheaper prices can be had although Smokin was a lucky lucky boy but others can be too if they go for specials or group buys, especially at the present mo, as I believe Regal have a special?
    Last edited by BasilD; 20 December 2010, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vandiesel
    replied
    thanks , and yes its a straight swap over same as the quaife .

well i hope you ve got it all sorted out now , just a shame we cant enjoy the diff as much with this weather though

Indeed , as the designer of the wavetrac was largely responsible for alot of the quaife LSD cataloge and getting the quaife into a lot of the cars that it fits in world wide and was the biggest importer of quaife's to the USA and still is i believe ,

This put him in good stead to make a better Diff as he knew the quaife inside and out and also knew where and how to improve on it , as he wasnt going to bring out a diff that wasnt going to be better than what was already out there as he had the knowledge and know how
    Totally agree Andy

Leave a comment:

• smokinvxr
    replied
    i paid £550 for mine fitted but it was the 1st one in the uk and pre ordered bargain!

Leave a comment:

• andrewt1971
    replied
    I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but, my quaife diff was less than £600 with bearings, the wavetrack is nearer £900 with bearings, for every day use is it really 50 percent better?

Leave a comment:

• Rabbid
    replied
    Originally posted by abjnr View Post
    I phoned regal after my post to get the info straight from them,,, I didn't get the name of the women I spoke too but was very helpful so I just ordered one so it should arrive this week,,, it will get fitted next year,,,,
    Would most likely have been Karen

Leave a comment:

• abjnr
    replied
    thanks , and yes its a straight swap over same as the quaife
    I phoned regal after my post to get the info straight from them,,, I didn't get the name of the women I spoke too but was very helpful so I just ordered one so it should arrive this week,,, it will get fitted next year,,,,

Leave a comment:

• vxr-blacksheep
    replied
    Originally posted by abjnr View Post
    Great write up,,,,,

I'm interested in getting a diff next year,,, is the wavetrac diff just as straight forward to fit as the quaife??? anyone got a guide???
    I live in scotland and the drive down and back to regal would add another £200 to the price of the mod,,,, so would do it myself to save money and time,,, well thats what i hope
    thanks , and yes its a straight swap over same as the quaife .

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
    very much so!,i think if i hadn't had it fitted the outcome may have been very different and vastly more expensive tbh.
    well i hope you ve got it all sorted out now , just a shame we cant enjoy the diff as much with this weather though

Originally posted by Huggies View Post
    I wonder where Wavetracs development came from

Leave a comment:

• Vandiesel
    replied
    I wonder where Wavetracs development came from

Leave a comment:

• PERCY'S vxr
    replied
    i also believe it helped you out of a sticky situation on the way home after fitting
    very much so!,i think if i hadn't had it fitted the outcome may have been very different and vastly more expensive tbh.

Leave a comment:

• arden_blue_vxr
    replied
    Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
    Great thread here guys, i wish titan would do something for the m32, would be great to compair all three, but titan diffs have always being very aggressive with the corning and at low speeds is very jumpy so prob be the wavetrac again

Gman was telling me about a prototype Titan they had in his sons gsi with a m32

Apparently it is the best diff he has ever tried under race conditions but a bit of a pig when you want to go to the shops or what have you.

It's also meant to be very expensive and reliability was a issue

Leave a comment:

• abjnr
    replied
    Great write up,,,,,

I'm interested in getting a diff next year,,, is the wavetrac diff just as straight forward to fit as the quaife??? anyone got a guide???
    I live in scotland and the drive down and back to regal would add another £200 to the price of the mod,,,, so would do it myself to save money and time,,, well thats what i hope

Leave a comment:

• napa1985
    replied
    Great thread here guys, i wish titan would do something for the m32, would be great to compair all three, but titan diffs have always being very aggressive with the corning and at low speeds is very jumpy so prob be the wavetrac again

Leave a comment:

• IanJ
    replied
    Interesting to see the benefits during snow/ice - always nice to have some real world advantage in this weather!

Leave a comment:

• Rabbid
    replied
    When I drove the VXR-R I was definitely impressed by the Quafie but I booted it off a road about which was a three lane exit I decided to give it as much as I could to see how well it gripped and it was pulling me back into the left lane.

I don't think its bad but you must be prepared and used to it to get the most out of it. I would be interested in driving a wavetrac to see if its worth it.

Leave a comment:

• vxr-blacksheep
    replied
    Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
    damn it andy,you beat me to it!.

in the snow and ice recently i've been really amaze

i'm very impressed and would highly recommend one.
    always one step ahead me

i also believe it helped you out of a sticky situation on the way home after fitting , and as for in snow your right it works a lot better than the quaife did the last time we had snow . god dam clever ball of cogs

Originally posted by Huggies View Post
    Nice write up Andy I however have no problems with your old Quiaffe
    Looking forward to seeing the car on track next year mate
    cheers Hugs and i m sure you dont have any issues with my old quaife as its a great bit of kit , however start pushing some more power through to the wheels and you soon relise how agricultural in operation and feel the quaife actually is , it does what it meant for but has no added benifits like the wavetrac has .

Originally posted by leighy_Burg161 View Post
    this means then the wavetek would operate if one wheel aqua planes over a puddle due to zero grip would keep the other wheel in line???
    pretty much yes , plus the wavetrac can also bias torque During the transition from accel to deceleration something the quaife also cant do , so mid corner if you should ever have to lift , the wavetrac will still hold its line and be working as it is still biasing the torque in that situation ...........

the quaife is great but an old design now , designs/operation and technology have moved on since and there are always improvements to be made and had and is where the wavetrac has made its advantage i m sure quaife at some point will play catch up , but i cant see it being for the M32 box

Leave a comment:

Working...
X