This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I know you'll all say take it to a garage but im just gonna ask if anyone else has or had the same problem as me. When i pull away in first and second, usally just after bringing the clutch out theres a strange noise... its like the turkey noise a tiny bit but more like a door creaking, sometimes i get a rattle noise when pulling away in first too... might be head sheild or something? The door creaking noise is the one that worries me though. Cheers

A turkey noise has always been referred to a vacuum pipe coming off at the back of the engine bay some were close to the bulkhead.
    HTH
    Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Its not the turkey noise though i've had that before. Its nearly the same sort of sound, a little bit like a door creaking but it only lasts a second. Could it be engine mounts?

Comment

The ABS doing a self test after you move forward.

Comment

it could be many of things.. for example the rear axle may just be sitting correctly as you move off, your RARB is not greased up enough, thats if u have one?, your handbrake is sticking slightly.... as you say its when your moving off thats what i have expierenced with my other cars.. maybe try getting underneath and applying some WD40 on all the joints etc.. or even better white grease as its more water proof than 40...

if it was your engine mounts the engine would be moving around...
          sigpic

Comment

not sure if this is the same as i had.......mine was making a "whooooooooooooo" type of sound... only appeared to happen when cold and pulling away, but when i tried pulling away in 4th 5th and 6th it made the same noise so took it to vx who had it in for a week.ended up with a new clutch and flywheel. i might be miles off but thought i'd try to help. good luck!

Comment

What could i use to grease the RARB?

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                What could i use to grease the RARB?
                something like this matey,, white grease..
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-Grease-C...item4cf04c75bb
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X