X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointing dyno run

hi all,
    just had a dyno run whilst at santa pod and got a disappointing 264 bhp with281.4 ft ilbs. ive got stage 3 with TMS and had it dynod in december. it got 299.8 bhp with 355 ft ilbs. i know the air temp was a huge difference but surely not enough to lose 35.8 bhp and over 75 ft ilbs. The dyno operator said it could be a problem with the sports cat as they generally dont last long. can any 1 shed some light please on possibilities and warranty issue for any work on the cat. many thanks
    Power Red VXRacing Edition #359 Stage 2, Turbo Back Remus, K & N Filter, Vredestein Sessanta Ultracs All-round, CD70 with BN CID, Power Fold Mirrors, Quaife LSD

Originally posted by dodge282 View Post
    hi all,
    just had a dyno run whilst at santa pod and got a disappointing 264 bhp with281.4 ft ilbs. ive got stage 3 with TMS and had it dynod in december. it got 299.8 bhp with 355 ft ilbs. i know the air temp was a huge difference but surely not enough to lose 35.8 bhp and over 75 ft ilbs. The dyno operator said it could be a problem with the sports cat as they generally dont last long. can any 1 shed some light please on possibilities and warranty issue for any work on the cat. many thanks
    could be a number of things.. what about your AFM
    sigpic

Comment

as above,

howm any miles has the car done total?
      how many miles it done at stage 3?
      are you running standard accuator?
      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

It could be loads of things, if you have any graphs and any info like intake temps / AFRs that would be really useful.

A weak actuator could cause the huge power loss but yet not be overly noticeable other than the car being a bit down on power as it won't hold as much boost.

If you have boost figures etc that would be great too.
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

more to the point what about the dyno! wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them!

stick to the same dyno and use it for diagnostics

sigpic

Comment

Was this one of those portable dyno's?

I'd doubt anything that it gives tbh

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
              more to the point what about the dyno! wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them!

stick to the same dyno and use it for diagnostics

Totaly and why blame the cat strange one that.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Just noticed it was a portable dyno, take the figures with a huge pinch of salt.
                | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

surely if it was that much down on power u would feel it mate! trust me

Comment

Hi dave yeah your car is faster than that does it still feel like it's pulling the same go back to TMS buddy get it done back there i bet it's still the same

give me a text when you go i'll run down with you
                    sigpic
                    Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

as said i would take the portable dyno figures with a pinch of salt
                      2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

What did it measure at the wheels?

Comment

If it feels just as good on the road don't worry, I wouldn't give those dyno's the time of day.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

didnt get it dyno'd at pd tuning did ya lol
                            Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

Comment

It was a portable dyno but ur probably right, it's done 20000 an about 3000 at stage 3. Yeh dickie I'll give ya a shout wen I get a date. Wot u headin down there for?
                              Power Red VXRacing Edition #359 Stage 2, Turbo Back Remus, K & N Filter, Vredestein Sessanta Ultracs All-round, CD70 with BN CID, Power Fold Mirrors, Quaife LSD

Comment

Working...
                              X