This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil pack missfire

hi all has anyone had their coil pack give them a missfire but not all the time only now and then when i drive it hard but not every time i drive it hard ?
    cheers

You should see more than a. missfire from a coil mate, I'd imagine some lights on the dash, it would be horrendous on idle
    I'd imagine its your plugs mate
    sigpic

Comment

a light does come on and it brings up a code for a multiple missfire start the car again and its fine

Comment

Originally posted by NIL 538 View Post
        a light does come on and it brings up a code for a multiple missfire start the car again and its fine
        Same happend to me m8, a new coil pack cured it. A common fault it seems. Why its off check the spark plugs too.

Comment

Originally posted by NIL 538 View Post
          Little bits of info like this helps
          sigpic

Comment

had the same prob with my gsi..when driving normal it ok..soon as i put my foot down sounded like a diesel under load changed the coil pack..and plugs....(BUT) was told to just try change the plugs first see if that would stop it..but was told to late £90 to late..so i would try the plugs first..then if still the same coil pack mate.
            ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Mine started like that and slowly got worse!
              sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Plus £30 for the plugs Neil

Comment

Working...
                X