This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAR JACK

HI NEW TO THE FORUM AND THE CAR SO BEAR WITH ME ON WHAT MAY BE A SILLY QUESTION.I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING A SPARE WHEEL AS OPPOSSED TO THE EMEREGENCY KIT SUPPLIED.DOES THE VXR COME SUPPLIED WITH A CAR JACK OR IS THIS A SEPERATE PURCHASE.IF THE CAR DOES COME WHERE DOES IT HIDE.SECONDLY IF YOU SHOULD USE THE INFLATION KIT FOR A PUNTURE DOES THIS THEN MEAN YOU NEED TO BUY A NEW TYRE.GREAT SITE BY THE WAY AND SOME GREAT INFORMATION.KEEP IT GOING.
    REGARDS.

Re: CAR JACK

Originally posted by mad for it vxr
    HI NEW TO THE FORUM AND THE CAR SO BEAR WITH ME ON WHAT MAY BE A SILLY QUESTION.I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING A SPARE WHEEL AS OPPOSSED TO THE EMEREGENCY KIT SUPPLIED.DOES THE VXR COME SUPPLIED WITH A CAR JACK OR IS THIS A SEPERATE PURCHASE.IF THE CAR DOES COME WHERE DOES IT HIDE.SECONDLY IF YOU SHOULD USE THE INFLATION KIT FOR A PUNTURE DOES THIS THEN MEAN YOU NEED TO BUY A NEW TYRE.GREAT SITE BY THE WAY AND SOME GREAT INFORMATION.KEEP IT GOING.
    REGARDS.
    Hi,
    No car jack.
    If you use the emergency repair kit you will need to buy a new tyre - it only temporarily seals the tyre puncture.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: CAR JACK

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
      Hi,
      No car jack.
      If you use the emergency repair kit you will need to buy a new tyre - it only temporarily seals the tyre puncture.
      I didn't know that, looks like the RAC are gonna get a call if I get a puncture then

Comment

What about using Run Flats?

Comment

ruins the ride

Comment

Totally agree...but sticking a spare in the boot wont do the performance any good either.

Comment

Had run flats in 17s on my mini and you struggle to hold your breakfast in on a bumpy road. Also if you get a puncture in these you need to replace the tyre.

Comment

Working...
              X