This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge actuator

bought one of these at castle combe and fitted it 2day.
    i set it up with about 1/2 a turn of preload and went for a spin, a bit better than the oe actuator. turned it up a turn and went out again, much better than the oe one 21psi and holding loads better and can really feel more torque. i could turn it up a bit more but am pleased how it is now. it does get very hot. Cheers Bo

looks good mate.

qq, whats the little box to the left under the pipe that goes from the turbo to the air box?
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
      looks good mate.

qq, whats the little box to the left under the pipe that goes from the turbo to the air box?
      that's a hid ballast haven't got round to mounting it anywhere else yet

Comment

i thought it was advised to get these setup on a RR
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
          i thought it was advised to get these setup on a RR
          it is, but if hes got a boost gauge you should be able to set it up. but if he screws the accuator to much it will just back the power off an maybe pull a light up on the dash if boost goes out of the peramiters on the map... wont do any harm...

Comment

i see, so i would be able to fit one myself as i have a boost gauge?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
              i see, so i would be able to fit one myself as i have a boost gauge?

erm as long as its accurate. best way fit it take it for a spin what what it pulls on boost, adjust if nes, then put it on the dyno just to be safe.

i changed mine back in october just after having it dyno as i noticed it was down on power, only replaced it with another oe one.... 10k later an its running like a dream.

Comment

they do look nice, Forge can set them up to your spec. Might have to splash out on one my self
                VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

i've had a few turbos now and all of them seemed to lose boost practically in the first couple of days after fitting hence the reason for changing them. i've had this forge actuator for about a week now and there's been no loss of boost and my car feels rapid i'm well impressed!

Comment

how much was the forge actuator? as readiong this i wanna get one

Comment

i got it at castle combe £110 they're £155 on forges website. i am st3+ @310hp btw

Comment

just in gonna be fitting my intercoolo=ler and taking it to regal for remap so gonna look into getting this fitted aswell

Comment

smoking..(ian).. ace again. love your work...

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                            i got it at castle combe £110 they're £155 on forges website. i am st3+ @310hp btw
                            umm.. ian i dont think mine been holding boost right think my actuator is going weak running stage 1 and 2 for over a year now. 37k on the clock,

you think i benifit

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                              umm.. ian i dont think mine been holding boost right think my actuator is going weak running stage 1 and 2 for over a year now. 37k on the clock,

you think i benifit
                              you may do Col it's certainly worked a treat on my car it holds the boost great now and all i've done is swapped actuators. your best bet would be to go to mpg for a health test see what they say

Comment

Working...
                              X