This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon parts / dipping ?

anyone out there a dab hand at this or know anywhere i can get interior carbon trims , cheaper than thorney ??? greatful for advice
    sigpic
    Custom Turbo Back - oil restrictor - gloss black trims -Quaife LSD - DAPS
    www.regal-auto.co.uk

Do a search under carbonskin,comes up with a company with sites all over ENGLAND.

Comment

I can vouch for carbon skin, they did my bonnet and roof. A1 service!
      Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
      Future mods: springs....

Comment

Cheers guys
        sigpic
        www.regal-auto.co.uk

Comment

Theres a few members on here that do carbon wrapping service's such as brokenpencil

Comment

do carbonskin do dipping as well ?
            sigpic
            www.regal-auto.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey_VXR View Post
              do carbonskin do dipping as well ?
              No, not many places do due to how hard it is to get right

Comment

Ive just bought a real carbon skinning kit and a moulding kit for a bit of practice so could be producing carbon part in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                  Ive just bought a real carbon skinning kit and a moulding kit for a bit of practice so could be producing carbon part in the near future.
                  skinning aka wrapping?

Comment

Theres a place called Pits Top Designs http://www.pitstopdesigns.co.uk/ that do Carbon dipping. Tell the guy Joe told you to speak to him and he'll do you a good deal hopefull as my old car was covered in dipped stuff but i had marble affect not carbon as fake carbon just isn't carbon in my eyes. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      skinning aka wrapping?
                      No real carbon mate not the 3m stuff or the transfer stuff that Daz was doing, wet lay its called the real deal

It will be that to start with and moulds then on to vacum bagging but i dont know if i will go that far.

Small stuff like the stuff thats already been done, interior parts etc.

Ive bought the gear and doing the research atm, ive done alot of the similar processes with fibreglass so its not to far away from what i already know.

Cant wait tbh, the astras going to be a carbon lady

Ive got a corsa B there that i will do the practice on first.

Comment

I have just done some real carbon skinning,takes a little time and the carbon can be used on any sort of shape and most surfaces.You can buy kits from www.carbonmods.com

Here is my parts done,crossover,breather box and spark plug cover but removed it as it was bit much carbon under the bonnet

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=102375
                        Darren

Comment

Mines in at carbon skin next week cant wait.. heard great things about them.. do we get a club discount?

Comment

Working...
                          X